Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

7 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I understand but I'm still curious as to why you think that 

We all know Alcoa most years can beat just about any team.I'm thinking maybe blazer has seen that Alcoa lost one of the best players in the state and how Elizabethtown hung with them last year and they have already lost a game this year.We will know if Alcoa is an F5 or a mild breeze by the end of that future matchup.DB has All it wants to concentrate on right now.This is not a team I'm looking forward to Greeneville playing Friday week either but I hope great prep for when it really counts.SH is a challenge and DB will have to be a lot smarter in every part of it's game this week.Don't kick to great athletes and don't hit their kicker for starts if you have them stopped.Stay at home on defense with their speed and size,QB keepers,cut backs or end around type plays will hurt when your putting a bunch in the box. A lot will be put on the linebackers and  defensive backs as well trying to read run vs covering very fast skill players for the pass.DB can do it this week but it will take everyone's best effort from the players to the coaches.The offense has to finish the drives and know SH has some capable athletes and don't get excited when these guys don't get blown off the ball and make a few stops,just be smart and adjust to what SH gives you.Roll Tribe

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, toppernationfan said:

It will be a 3-4 touchdown game unless DB can control the ball and slow the game way down keeping SHHS offense off the field. SHHS has too many weapons on offense for DB to stop. Always a great environment at J-Fred and the visitor side rocks being right on the field. Its great to be apart of the Hill !!!

Nobody wants to talk about this game so I'll say something about the seating.I never liked the visitors stands at DB unless your in just the right spot,watched many scrimmages and practices there and a few games.Sit with the Maryville crowd last year until half,then went to the upperdeck where my seat was.The little mini me's have side guards as they should but it blocks your view.By far Greeneville has the best visitors stands unless your like a few fools that tried to sit behind the students from DB.The home side sits right at the field as well.The best view at Greeneville was where I was in the second half near midfield on the pressbox.Thanks BVD.The best view at DB is in the upperdeck where you can see every play open up ,like at UT but closer.Better be ready to spend a couple extra dollars however,but it's worth it for the individual seats and view.SH has a very nice stadium but not the best for watching a game.I may head that way next Friday,depends on a few things.I know what you had 3 years ago and know they have been on a super strength program since then,not really excited about that game just yet but really know the Greeneville coaches were very smart for taking it.I'm 99% sure there won't be another 4A team that comes within a mile of your size and speed.

Edited by BatmanDevil

On 8/27/2017 at 2:45 PM, blazer1set said:

According to this Alcoa has 646 students.
http://tssaa.org/2016-17-high-school-enrollments/

According to this DB's band has 350 students
https://www.dbband.org/#about-us

Football points are not awarded according to student enrollment, we all get that, but there is no way DB (2208 students) is going to lose to Alcoa.

I don't know what they changed in the drinking in Gray, but no way can you use that logic.  If that was the case then DB would have crushed Greeneville in Week 0.  Alcoa is a football power house and may be seemingly having a down year (they what, will score 650 vs 700 points?) but that logic isn't going to work with me.  There has to be other reasons why DB would win the game, but enrollment isn't one of them.

Just now, toppernationfan said:

It will be a 3-4 touchdown game unless DB can control the ball and slow the game way down keeping SHHS offense off the field. SHHS has too many weapons on offense for DB to stop. Always a great environment at J-Fred and the visitor side rocks being right on the field. Its great to be apart of the Hill !!!

Your prediction is to easy. DB couldn't even stop one guy at Greeneville.  It could be a 3-4 touchdown game at the end of the first quarter.

4 hours ago, formerblazer said:

I don't know what they changed in the drinking in Gray, but no way can you use that logic.  If that was the case then DB would have crushed Greeneville in Week 0.  Alcoa is a football power house and may be seemingly having a down year (they what, will score 650 vs 700 points?) but that logic isn't going to work with me.  There has to be other reasons why DB would win the game, but enrollment isn't one of them.

In Gray we drink Booneshine, but it's harmless!        We'll take up the Alcoa game in another thread in a few weeks.

A lot of thngs can happen to change the outcome Friday nght.Love the way a couple of young men I know have played for DB so far but a little surprised they have had to play on both sides of the ball and special teams at times.That's something you expect at Greeneville and smaller schools but not DB.I guess you do what gives you the best chance.I'm sure SH has a couple players that will be all over the field on both sides of the ball.

Edited by BatmanDevil

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

SH better have a specific offensive package for DB's left defensive end (#63) or otherwise it will be a rough time for the Topper offense.     Oak Ridge gave this guy a free pass into the backfield all night.

This will be DB's first test for both sides of the line as well as pushing their speed guys to the max.I'm not saying SH is a state champion team at this point but I feel they do have a good amount of 6A talent and some fine coaches.A great chance to see which program is doing the most with what they have been given.The rain may have a effect on one or both teams.Got a feeling this could also just be round one ,who knows.

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

This will be DB's first test for both sides of the line as well as pushing their speed guys to the max.I'm not saying SH is a state champion team at this point but I feel they do have a good amount of 6A talent and some fine coaches.A great chance to see which program is doing the most with what they have been given.The rain may have a effect on one or both teams.Got a feeling this could also just be round one ,who knows.

Science Hill doesn't have the defense to go past the third round. As soon as they run up against a team with a good defense they'll be toast.  It seams that the buddy system is used by DB and SH and that will always cost them in the long haul. It would be better if their buddies could coach defense but that's not the case here.