(10)Lake Co at (1)Dresden

shockernation

I question some of LC play calling like the second onside kick. The first I understand, but not the second. Also with their speed and most of the time not sending anyone back on punt return. Not bashing, just curious. And #23 is a player, and so is your qb #5. Someone mentioned us being #1 in the state, that's solely based off last year, which is exactly that, last year. Fun game to watch though. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like we all thought, either of these teams could've won last nights game. Dresden just managed to pull out the win. Couple plays either way and LC wins by 2 TD's. Reason the game is played on the field. As far as rankings go the only reason we are #1 is last year and lucky enough to still be undeafeated. My opinion and I really hate to upset any of our fans or LC fans but both our teams are mid pack for 1A. My bet would be 5-6. Don't think we could beat a Huntingdon or Wayne County right now and the east will have a couple I wouldn't want to see. Good thing is LC and Dresden can both grow up and heal by playoffs.

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Sorry.I think somehow I posted same post 2 or maybe 3 times.Wasnt intentional.Teams find a way to won and Dresden did.LC will probably drop in ranki gs cause they probaly thinking about a 10 point loss.But if Dresden is number 1 team in the state,then LC is in top 5.Good luck Dresden the rest of the way

Dresden is not the best team in the state. Lake County is improving, but they are still a year or two away. Dresden is still a top 10 team, but that is all. 

7 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Like we all thought, either of these teams could've won last nights game. Dresden just managed to pull out the win. Couple plays either way and LC wins by 2 TD's. Reason the game is played on the field. As far as rankings go the only reason we are #1 is last year and lucky enough to still be undeafeated. My opinion and I really hate to upset any of our fans or LC fans but both our teams are mid pack for 1A. My bet would be 5-6. Don't think we could beat a Huntingdon or Wayne County right now and the east will have a couple I wouldn't want to see. Good thing is LC and Dresden can both grow up and heal by playoffs.

Very good post. Exactly my thoughts thoughts. Huntingdon, Wayne County, Coalfield and  Greenback.  Then SP, and maybe Whitwell. Then Dresden and Lake Co get in the conversation. 

7 hours ago, shockernation said:

And we will grow up tons by round 3! Our young kids will grow through the season...y'all know you don't wanna play us again...congrats because you won plain and simple! We lost to one player nanney and Yates looks good at QB? Again ill blame it on our youth but heck of a game! Can't wait on the rematch you say we cant win

Not gonna lie, I kept quiet this week because I was nervous about all of our injuries & didn't know what to expect. Then our backup freshman QB goes out before halftime & I thought we were done. #8 moves to the QB spot & makes some amazing passes to our sophomore receiver. I feel pretty good about a rematch knowing that we'll have some of our biggest playmakers back. These boys have been part of an undefeated state championship team & will find a way to win. They may not put on the show & put up the unreal stats we were used to last year but they refuse to lose. Proud Lion!!

Ask any Dresden fan & we will tell you that we're not a #1 ranked team right now. We've been riddled by injuries & lost 17 seniors from our state championship team. They have us ranked #1 because we are the 2016 undefeated state championship team & 18-0 until someone knocks us off. After watching Huntingdon play, they are the Dresden of last year & will be extremely tough to beat. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Ur right.Just a few miscues,like hklding on 3 yard line.At the end with starting QB hurt ,maybe sbould have let #23 take a direct snap all 4 times.We will grow bopefully and learn from mistakes.Really thought LC had the game won winning 24 to 20 with 33 seconds left.Just guard the goal line and make sure a player doesnt get behind u which is what happened.He didnt lose the game though.Had LC straighted a few mishaps earlier,wouldnt have come xown to that one play.LC getting a delay of game  called was big.Had only 3 yards for a first down and 3 plays to do it.ThaT was huge at midfield and probably stopped a drive.Anyway,still stunned.Not any one player to blame.They played hard.Straighten a couple plays in the secondary and LC is pretty tough.Think Dresden oonly scored rushing 1 time.Rest was big plays.Anyway.Congrats and good luck Dresden.Time to move on and win rest of the games hopefully.

Sorry bigster maybe I worded it badly.   You made most of my points though lake county had a lot of opportunities to close the door last night and didn't for a lot of different reasons.  Everyone I talked to at the game said Dresden is very young also so they should get better too. Plus they are supposed to gget some of their better players back. I didn't mean to sound like they can't beat Dresden because they are very average right now but you know you can't expect 2 games to play out the same so they might not havethe  same chance next game was my point 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Very good post. Exactly my thoughts thoughts. Huntingdon, Wayne County, Coalfield and  Greenback.  Then SP, and maybe Whitwell. Then Dresden and Lake Co get in the conversation. 

You keep believing So. Pitt and Whitwell are better than LC and Dresden.  Well you are wrong both Dresden and LC are better than So. Pitt. Huntingdon and Wayne Co are the two best. After that it is a crap shoot. I'll take any of top 4 in the west over the east with the exception of maybe  Coalfield. 

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You keep believing So. Pitt and Whitwell are better than LC and Dresden.  Well you are wrong both Dresden and LC are better than So. Pitt. Huntingdon and Wayne Co are the two best. After that it is a crap shoot. I'll take any of top 4 in the west over the east with the exception of maybe  Coalfield. 

Lol

1 hour ago, edscissorhands said:

Sorry bigster maybe I worded it badly.   You made most of my points though lake county had a lot of opportunities to close the door last night and didn't for a lot of different reasons.  Everyone I talked to at the game said Dresden is very young also so they should get better too. Plus they are supposed to gget some of their better players back. I didn't mean to sound like they can't beat Dresden because they are very average right now but you know you can't expect 2 games to play out the same so they might not havethe  same chance next game was my point 

No Everythings fine.Lake Co didnt close the door.Like u said.Never know how a game will plY out.Maybe next time,teams get turnoverz,big plays.Maybe Dresden wins by a couple tds.Good luck the rest of the wY.I saw some goox thinvs last night.Id agree.We both probably in tbe number 5 to 8 spots in true rankings.at least we are in the mix somewhat.Again.Good luck Lions.Going to be some great games in the future I believe.