W3 - Adamsville travels to TCA

Redrage1990

1 minute ago, ReitzFan said:

May have to move that sand pile of Adamsville's up to Jackson and the TCA field considering what the weather is looking like.

Yeah, looks like a lot more rain coming in!! I'm working midnight shift this week so hopefully I'll be up in time to listen! Borrow some sand from Ed, he's been filling those bags up! 

Just now, utvol2 said:

Yeah, the journalism class is doing it at home games! Not sure about away games! I'll listen to you guys on your live stream if they don't!

I will post links so that you will have two different ways to listen to our broadcast later in the week. you can send me a text on game night and we will try to say hello during the broadcast.

On 8/26/2017 at 10:06 PM, TCAIntense said:

We know BigEdmo will be booking it to make it back by second half!  Congrats to your oldest son for graduating from boot camp as a Marine!  Fine young man!

Big Edmo and I have called the games spot on the last 5 years.  We don't publicize it on the T because we always want to be positive toward our guys but we call it like we see it behind the scenes.

Since 2012 TCA is 3-4 against Aville.  I don't know if any other school has beaten them 3 times in last 5 years.  I may be wrong.  TCA is 2-3 in regular season play and 1-1 in playoffs last 5 years against Aville.  

2012-  Aville wins 56-28 against a bunch of freshmen and sophs of TCA.  Aville was clearly the best team and we knew what was going to happen before the game started.  It was a fairly competitive game though. 

2013- TCa wins at Aville 28-21 in a barnburner.  Teams were very evenly matched.  Edmo and I called that one.  We didn't think Aville could stop Akins air attack and they didn't.

2013 playoff-  Aville wins 49-39.  We called that one as well.  I knew TCA would not be able to stop Neary and Aville's running attack.  Aville stayed away from the pass and was the better team that night.

2014- TCA wins 49-42 and was clearly the better team.  Game was not nearly as close as score and TCA wasn't ever really stopped other than a pick six.  TCA should have been state champions but blew it against Peabody who were eventual state champs. 

2015-  Aville wins 33-14 at Aville and were clearly the better team that night mainly due to the jacked up situation TCA had at QB.  We knew once we got that straight we would be lethal.

2015 playoff game-  TCA wins 35-21.  We called that one  because we knew with the movement of Tucker to FB and Goldsmith to QB we would not be stopped.  TCA made it to semis and who knows what would have happened if Goldsmith hadn't been hurt.

2016- Aville wins big.  I don't even remember score.  Aville was clearly the best team as well as dominant over TCA.   TCA was still in a QB debauchle and couldn't hardly gain a yard.  TCA was too young and small and was just outmanned.  We knew it wouldn't be close.

2017-  I may be wrong but I think it will be close.  This group of boys are mean and nasty and play with an attitude.  They are going to have to be careful with their aggressiveness.  Offense has multiple weapons and an amazing kicker!  Question is this......can they stop Aville's run game and Long passes?  This may be the third place game in the region!  Tough, tough region!

Great rivalry and history the past few years!  I don't have one playing anymore and I can't wait!

Just reposting for Redrage, my favorite Bobbird! Haha. JK.  You may have missed this.  I posted late Saturday.  

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

TCA v Adamsville by the numbers 

Record     TCA 2-0         Adamsville 1-1

Scoring     TCA 106-14   Adamsville 49-61

Passing     TCA 289 yards Adamsville 260 yards

Rushing     TCA 597 yards  Adamsville 203 yards

Not sure any of this means anything simply because it's TCA and Adamsville. It's a bitter rivalry.  This season the game is being played at TCA.  Weather will definitely be a huge factor in this game.  It is looking like we may get upwards of 4 inches of rain on Friday.  Moving the game to Saturday is a possibility but the weather outlook is not much better that day.  Although it's AGAIN the first game in region play, it still has huge playoff implications.  With the addition of Union City and Trenton to the region, the winner is still in the hunt for a home playoff game while the loser is likely headed for a first round road playoff game, if they even make the show.  The one thing I know is that these two teams don't exactly have a history of exchanging Christmas cards.  It will be a game of emotions.  With the predicted weather, something little might end up making the difference......a bad special teams snap or something of that nature could be the deciding factor.  Never the less, it will be a fun game.

At this point those stats mean absolutely nothing!  We haven't played anybody and Aville has played two outstanding opponents.  At the end of the year if the stats have similar margins then they will mean something.  After our next two games the stats will have much more meaning.  If we can score 28 and rush for 250 and pass for 125 we have a strong chance to win otherwise those inflated stats don't help us.  Aville don't care about stats.  They just like being ranked #1 and being undefeated! Haha