Gallatin at Hillsboro

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 13sports said:

Truth is half of this region is very weak.  Hillwood, Hunters Lane, and Glencliff are fighting to see who will make the playoffs with a 2-8 or 3-7 record.   Beech, Gallatin, and Hillsboro will crush those three teams.  So the round robin between these three teams are, more than likely, the only games that will decide first, second, and third.  So this is one of three important games to be played in this region.  Winner of this game has a leg up on the others.  Should at least propel them to a home game in the first round of the play-offs.  As far as who that will be, hard to tell.  Gallatin has two wins (Springfield is decent, SC is below average), but hasn't played great.  Hillsboro has the home field advantage (but not a very big advantage as few people attend), has played a great team (BA) and got thumped, and a decent team and won.  So, this is a toss up with a lot riding on it.

I agree with this.  I do think Springfield is a better team than Stratford however.  Not that it really matters though.  

16 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I Would like to see Gallatin undefeated going into the highly anticipated game against MJ. Two undefeated rival teams would make for a tasty matchup at the bear den. Expect a monstrous crowd.

I would agree with that.   These next 2 games will tell a lot about the Wave.  I have thought that since the schedule was released.  Very tough 2 game stretch. 

If I had to bet, I would say Gallatin finishes somewhere around 6-4 (anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5) but like I said, it's early. If they can pull a win off this week, it would certainly change my opinion on that significantly.

As far as whoever wins 6A having BA do the same thing to them, not even close. I would say the top four teams in 6A would give them all they want. 

5 minutes ago, eers said:

If I had to bet, I would say Gallatin finishes somewhere around 6-4 (anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5) but like I said, it's early. If they can pull a win off this week, it would certainly change my opinion on that significantly.

As far as whoever wins 6A having BA do the same thing to them, not even close. I would say the top four teams in 6A would give them all they want. 

I have to disagree. The top 6A school might not get 50 hung on them, but I'd be willing to be a pretty good sum of money that it wouldn't be decided in the 4th quarter. 

Edited by thegreatone36

6 minutes ago, eers said:

Also, ouch...5-5? Look at our schedule left, sitting here at 2-0 already...what 5 teams do you have us losing to???? Very curious

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Also, ouch...5-5? Look at our schedule left, sitting here at 2-0 already...what 5 teams do you have us losing to???? Very curious

I could see potential losses to Hillsboro, MJ, Beech, Hendersonville and Wilson Central. I believe winning 1-2 of those is realistic. So anywhere from 5-5 to 7-3.  I would certainly like to see them win a couple more than that, but I personally believe they have beat two bad teams. 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

I could see potential losses to Hillsboro, MJ, Beech, Hendersonville and Wilson Central. I believe winning 1-2 of those is realistic. So anywhere from 5-5 to 7-3.  I would certainly like to see them win a couple more than that, but I personally believe they have beat two bad teams. 

Springfield is a bad team??? Their only loss is 24-7 to a Gallatin team which played a sloppy game with 5 turnovers. But let's see, they hung toe to toe in their Jamboree against Hendersonville, then Springfield handily beat Clarksville last week 34-14. Clarksville beat Rossview the week before that. (Rossview was a team that beat Beech last year) that alone let's me know Springfield isn't a "bad" team. That was a decent opening win IMO, especially to be able to overcome all the penalties and turnovers we had that game

11 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Springfield is a bad team??? Their only loss is 24-7 to a Gallatin team which played a sloppy game with 5 turnovers. But let's see, they hung toe to toe in their Jamboree against Hendersonville, then Springfield handily beat Clarksville last week 34-14. Clarksville beat Rossview the week before that. (Rossview was a team that beat Beech last year) that alone let's me know Springfield isn't a "bad" team. That was a decent opening win IMO, especially to be able to overcome all the penalties and turnovers we had that game

Rossview is 0-2 and not what I would call quality (Beech beat Rossview last year by a few TDs if memory serves me correctly).  As far as playing with Hendersonville, it was a jamboree. Doesn't carry a lot of weight to me. Springfield may win a lot of games, but it's a pretty weak schedule. I guess what I should have said is that I don't believe Springfield is as good as any of the five teams that "could" beat Gallatin. As far as a decent win, any win is a good win, I just don't think that win correlates to other wins against better opponents.