Gallatin at Hillsboro

MJGOLDENBEARS

9 minutes ago, eers said:

Rossview is 0-2 and not what I would call quality (Beech beat Rossview last year by a few TDs if memory serves me correctly).  As far as playing with Hendersonville, it was a jamboree. Doesn't carry a lot of weight to me. Springfield may win a lot of games, but it's a pretty weak schedule. I guess what I should have said is that I don't believe Springfield is as good as any of the five teams that "could" beat Gallatin. As far as a decent win, any win is a good win, I just don't think that win correlates to other wins against better opponents. 

I see that Rossview beat Beech in 2015 not 2016. I think Springfield is a decent team which IMO may prove to be as good as Wilson Central atleast out of Gallatin's remaining games. Central is 0-2, and come off of a pretty bad whipping vs Smyrna.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I see that Rossview beat Beech in 2015 not 2016. I think Springfield is a decent team which IMO may prove to be as good as Wilson Central atleast out of Gallatin's remaining games. Central is 0-2, and come off of a pretty bad whipping vs Smyrna.

Just my opinion, but I believe it's difficult to tell much about anyone this early and... not all 0-2 teams are equal. WC is one of those teams I never fully understand. I expected them to be much more competitive bs Smyrna, as I've seen both play. If the QB continues to improve they could be decent. 

All of this is getting off topic though. I really have no idea what to expect this week out of this game. That was the main point I was trying to make.  I really have no idea about either of these two teams. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

Just my opinion, but I believe it's difficult to tell much about anyone this early and... not all 0-2 teams are equal. WC is one of those teams I never fully understand. I expected them to be much more competitive bs Smyrna, as I've seen both play. If the QB continues to improve they could be decent. 

All of this is getting off topic though. I really have no idea what to expect this week out of this game. That was the main point I was trying to make.  I really have no idea about either of these two teams. 

I would agree that at this point it is hard to figure out where to actually place anybody.  There are just too few opponents to accurately gauge where a team is at this point.  

Gallatin has not even played close to their potential.  That at least gives me hope that this season could be really good "if" they can fix some of the obvious problems.  "If" not then those problems will definitely define this team and prevent them from getting quality wins on the remaining schedule.  Hillsboro is a team that Gallatin needs to find a way to win against because a home field playoff game is on the line in my opinion.  The last two years this game has been fairly close.  Gallatin led at halftime 2 years ago and could not close the deal and last year spotted Hillsboro a 21 point lead but came back in the second half for 17 points and one big play away from taking that game.  Honestly I can see Gallatin winning or losing this game.  There is just too little known at this time.  

14 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin's problem this year has been dumb penalties and turnovers.  If those can be fixed and they were better in last week's game, then Gallatin should be able to compete with Hillsboro.  Even though this is a week 3 game, I think this will determine a home field playoff game, with the winner coming in 1st or 2nd.  In all due respect those other 3 metro schools are not on the same level as Beech, Hillsboro and Gallatin.  At least it appears that way. 

14 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Who were the key starters they were missing?  

Their biggest was their starting tailback which rushed for 149 yards last week. They also had a defensive back out and a wr. The tailback was the biggie. Make no mistake you guys played a better bad football game. Both teams where horrible with turnovers. I am not saying you would have lost but the game would have been different.

2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

Their biggest was their starting tailback which rushed for 149 yards last week. They also had a defensive back out and a wr. The tailback was the biggie. Make no mistake you guys played a better bad football game. Both teams where horrible with turnovers. I am not saying you would have lost but the game would have been different.

That definitely is where I thought they were lacking.  I will just be happy with the win.  

1 hour ago, eers said:

I think it will be a good game, but teams in this region will have to prove to me they can beat Hillsboro. 

Definitely a good game.  My prediction is still up in the air. I see good and bad in Gallatin but a lot of potential.  Hillsboro is still a question mark too.  I understand BA would do that to several schools and that is the thing.  Is Hillsboro a really good team like some think, an above average team, or just a good team.  That kind of score indicates they could fall into a large category.  And let's face it, Stratford is no where near what they have been the last 2 years.  So where do we stand?