A hurting Riverdale takes on Siegel with an attitude

Blaze45

This should paint a pretty good picture where these teams are at in district play.  Siegel has put up some crazy numbers offensively with the help of NCS transfer Leland Wilhoite. Riverdale on the other hand who is off to a great start got a very unlucky boune with their QB being sidlined for the remainder of his senior year with a broken femur. I think this will give us an indication of who will climb above the adversity and be a #3 or 4  team along with Cookeville . Thoughts ???

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

tough l for Riverdale

I agree... Ii think Siegels offense is going to put up points on everybody like they have in th epast. Thquestion is their defense going to be like it has been in the past and not be able to really stop anyone. On the Flip side Rierdales defense has looked pretty solid, but will they hve enoug dimension with this new QB to keep any team honest and not lod the box agaist Scruggs. 

14 hours ago, THE SQUAD said:

Already put the rest of us in the 3 or 4 hole eh Blaze? Hehehe

I'll be interested to see the outcome of this one too though. 

Nope put you in one of four spots, I feel pretty comfortable saying Oakland will make it, Blackman "should" make it .. whole lot of season left

Edited by Blaze45

Good test to see how far Riverdale has come under Coach K.  If you run your QB a lot it makes sense that you have a backup plan that you have confidence in.  The rest of the guys, especially the defense, just have to take it up another level and give the young guy some time to get in his groove.

In all likelihood the offense will need to be reorganized a bit to align with the strengths of the young QB.  That may take a  couple games to get in sync.

Should be a great game.  I'll say Riverdale wins 28-21.

Seigal will win this by  10-14 points,,, If Riverdale can't dominate right out the gates.....I think people are relating Seigal to there past.  this is a different team, Will keep you on your hills. They have D-1 talent as well that the opposition seem to forget.. They've came into the season as underdogs they have nothing to lose.,,,  REMEMBER RIVERDALE  STRUGGLED AGAINST STEWART CREEK TWICE. Played against a small East High, and caught Franklin High in a down year, This will be your first test,

GO Warriors   

2 hours ago, riots said:

Seigal will win this by  10-14 points,,, If Riverdale can't dominate right out the gates.....I think people are relating Seigal to there past.  this is a different team, Will keep you on your hills. They have D-1 talent as well that the opposition seem to forget.. They've came into the season as underdogs they have nothing to lose.,,,  REMEMBER RIVERDALE  STRUGGLED AGAINST STEWART CREEK TWICE. Played against a small East High, and caught Franklin High in a down year, This will be your first test,

GO Warriors   

The Stars sound pretty unbeatable.  Guess 10-0 is pretty much guaranteed?

3 hours ago, riots said:

GO Warriors   

You gotta remember that Siegel has also had D1 type talent with with the likes of Greedy Howse  (it seems like he played at siegel for 10 years) and several other very talented players.  The biggest gap in Siegels armor has been defense . The offense has always been pretty solid, and has proven they are going to score on just about everybody. but they have also given up some points and seem to struggle against teams with a real offensive identity.  Siegel, Riverdale, Cookeville could all be battling it out I think with the new QB there comes timing, and experience hurddles. With Siegel I think there is just enough back and forth to keep fans guessing. tic toc tic toc Time will soon tell. 

Siegel's downfall has always been it's Line play.  They ALL have had to play both ways and it gets them beat.  If they ever get a couple complete lines on both sides of the ball they will be a threat.  New Coach has not had time to correct that yet.

That is an area I worry about with Blackman.  If their HC doesn't mind his lines any better than he did in the past, it WILL be a problem for them also.

R'dale line's this year have me worried also.  WAY too many kids having to play both ways on every team in the county.