GreenEville @ Science Hill

DevilMan03

I hate to say i told you so but .....

The Greeneville gamplan went as good as they could have planned.  They controlled the line of scrimmage and ran the ball at will.  Honestly, Ballard could have ran for 250 or thrown for 250.  That team has more weapons than any other high school team i've ever seen.  

The crazy part is that the officials did their best to keep SH in the game.  I counted 3 phantom holding penalties that brought back big plays for the Devils.  This game could have been much worse.

As good as the Greeneville offense was, their defense was even better.  If people haven't figure out yet, Greeneville's program is physically stronger than any team they play.  They physically dominate teams, wear them down, and impose their will. Greeneville just broke Science Hill's will- keep in mind that Science Hill has over twice as many students as Greeneville.  You can talk about athletes all you want, but Greeneville just proved that games are won in the trenches.

Toughness, summer workouts, and controlling the line of scrimmage.  No matter what level you are playing, that is what wins championships and what the best programs do year in and year out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

After Ballard graduates I'm afraid his father may go to a different team but who knows. He's been here for over 20 years I believe. We've heard the Db rumors before. 

Greeneville has the best Summer Program in the state. The workout program is second to none. Greeneville has been outmatched by size against these big schools in the trenches and yet impose their will 

There is zero chance Ballard will ever coach at DB. Zero.

7 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

After Ballard graduates I'm afraid his father may go to a different team but who knows. He's been here for over 20 years I believe. We've heard the Db rumors before. 

Greeneville has the best Summer Program in the state. The workout program is second to none. Greeneville has been outmatched by size against these big schools in the trenches and yet impose their will 

Way to go Devils!  Huge win for the program!!!  What a team effort!!!!  Ballard gonna leave Greeneville say it ain't so!!!!  Go Devils----

I seen  that too.I'm just glad we have had coach Ballard to this point and I hope he stays until he retires.He could have ended up at a hundred different places and done well,but the Devils were the lucky ones.I'm a Devil and it would have been great for my kids to have been Devils or had coach Ballard up here at DB.You can't have it all,so since he had to build one school into a state power,I can live with how it all turned out.Thanks for picking Greeneville coach !

15 minutes ago, Compton said:

I know anything can happen like injuries, etc, but after what we witness last night can there be realistically any 4a team challenge Greeneville? Lord willing last night 16pt win might be the closest game Greeneville has left, including the championship game in Cookeville.

Nothing is guaranteed,as we seen last year.You never know how teams will matchup.I hope Greeneville is able to build depth now and get some of the younger guys  much needed playing time.There is plenty of work left in the regular season and if you walk in like it's a done deal,that's when a team like Elizabethton will remind you it's not over .These  6A games were great prep for the playoffs and the team needs to stay sharp for many weeks to come.It's a long season and every 2nd and third player needs to be just as ready as the starters.

Just now, BatmanDevil said:

Nothing is guaranteed,as we seen last year.You never know how teams will matchup.I hope Greeneville is able to build depth now and get some of the younger guys  much needed playing time.There is plenty of work left in the regular season and if you walk in like it's a done deal,that's when a team like Elizabethton will remind you it's not over .These  6A games were great prep for the playoffs and the team needs to stay sharp for many weeks to come.It's a long season and every 2nd and third player needs to be just as ready as the starters.

I wouldn't put to much into Greeneville beating DB & Science Hill. DB is a below average 6A team and Science Hill is probably average. Neither will go past the second round. I do think Greeneville goes undefeated and wins the 4A this year, But they will run into teams better than DB & SH in the final two rounds. I think Ballard has now moved into that "best coach in the state" category now. His staff ain't to shabby either.

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I wouldn't put to much into Greeneville beating DB & Science Hill. DB is a below average 6A team and Science Hill is probably average. Neither will go past the second round. I do think Greeneville goes undefeated and wins the 4A this year, But they will run into teams better than DB & SH in the final two rounds. I think Ballard has now moved into that "best coach in the state" category now. His staff ain't to shabby either.

Can't argue that about coach Ballard or his staff.Even if Greeneville wasn't my school,I'd be happy that we have atleast one program in NET that has it right.I'm not saying it just because of one or two wins either.Over the last several years,pretty much every team that has either won or played for the state title has been the one that put the Devils out unless it was one of the three years they played for the title .Might not be right there with what Maryville and Alcoa have done but it is right up there in the top five percent or so in my book.