GreenEville @ Science Hill

DevilMan03

10 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Crazy to think just 10 years ago greeneville wasn't all that great. Since 2008 they have completely changed in how they prepare. The weight room is where games are won 

Definitely agree with you DevilMan.  The culture definitely changed when McCurry was hired in 07 and Ballard came back as the offensive coordinator (he told my senior class he would be back to coach us that year). Weight lifting was mandatory, Football period was created and it was lifting season year around.  Went from 4-6 to 10-3 in one year and a quarter final run with the same players.  Practices became more intense and when we walked on the field we believed we could beat anyone.  Play team ball, swarm to the ball, and create turnovers.  Alot of the staff has stayed the same and are still like family to my senior class.  Greene Devil Pride was back!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

Crazy to think just 10 years ago greeneville wasn't all that great. Since 2008 they have completely changed in how they prepare. The weight room is where games are won 

I beg to differ. Facilities and fancy uniforms are where games are won.  There, I didn't bash one single coach. Or did I ?

13 minutes ago, barb said:

Greeneville's big #6 was a beast. Can someone tell me a bit about him?

Jacques Gillespie Taylor.  Junior Defensive End that was the back up to Austin-Williams last year.  Put on muscle and mass over the summer and is 6 2' 230lb now.  He and Logan Shipley (the other DE) that started last year as a sophmore have played opposite DE since they were little.  Gillespie Taylor is also a good player for the Devils Baseball Team

43 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Jacques Gillespie Taylor.  Junior Defensive End that was the back up to Austin-Williams last year.  Put on muscle and mass over the summer and is 6 2' 230lb now.  He and Logan Shipley (the other DE) that started last year as a sophmore have played opposite DE since they were little.  Gillespie Taylor is also a good player for the Devils Baseball Team

Ive obviously got some catching up to do. He was impressive...speedy and focused. Kept that Adams kid running for his life much of the game. That d-line is as disruptive as ive seen in a while.