Mairvul crosses tha Creik two Alcoee

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

At the same time Patton was QB for Maryville, Both Heritage, WB and Greenback had starting QB's that HAD been in the Alcoa system.  Alcoa can lose players.........not a churp, but if Alcoa picks up a player,.......get ready for a bunch of sissies to start crying.

BC, no crying here. It is what it is.  But our of curiosity ... give me a list of every player you are aware of that left the Alcoa system to go to William Blount.  The qb you speak of, I think it was probably the Owens kid?  Interesting story there, the Owens live in Blount County, on Middlesettlements Rd., but are probably just as close to Alcoa High at they were to WB, mileage-wise.  I'm not being contentious ... I know we've had a few players from Alcoa, but I don't think it has been many.  Also, did Patton play at Alcoa Middle?  I thought he played at Heritage in middle school?

1 minute ago, GovMan said:

BC, no crying here. It is what it is.  But our of curiosity ... give me a list of every player you are aware of that left the Alcoa system to go to William Blount.  The qb you speak of, I think it was probably the Owens kid?  Interesting story there, the Owens live in Blount County, on Middlesettlements Rd., but are probably just as close to Alcoa High at they were to WB, mileage-wise.  I'm not being contentious ... I know we've had a few players from Alcoa, but I don't think it has been many.  Also, did Patton play at Alcoa Middle?  I thought he played at Heritage in middle school?

Simple...........Owens...WB, you can research the rest.

8 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Bart Hicks, Ronald Osborne, Zach Witt.......

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GovMan said:

Correct about Patton.  He attended AMS while his dad was principal at the AHS.  It might be important to note that he lived in the City of Maryville the entire time.  When his dad went to HMS, Patton transferred to HMS and played QB at HMS.  He did not play football for AMS.   In basketball, he played biddy league during 6th grade at Maryville and at AMS during 7th grade.  It will be hard for Alcoa to claim this transfer.

Edited by OldRebel2

15 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Correct about Patton.  He attended AMS while his dad was principal at the AHS.  It might be important to note that he lived in the City of Maryville the entire time.  When his dad went to HMS, Patton transferred to HMS and played QB at HMS.  He did not play football for AMS.   In basketball, he played biddy league during 6th grade at Maryville and at AMS during 7th grade.  It will be hard for Alcoa to claim this transfer.

But they still try  lol