Week 4: Harriman @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fall101
49 minutes ago, Osceola17 said:

That was a good game to watch tonight. Oneida gave up some big plays on defense. Oneida's QB has a excellent arm. Really impressed with his throws tonight. He's got a good future ahead of him. 

Really wish they would utilize his arm more. Tonight we saw what happens when a team can stop the run. 

1 hour ago, Spike16 said:

Really wish they would utilize his arm more. Tonight we saw what happens when a team can stop the run. 

I agree. I believe he could be a big threat if we could open some pass plays up more often on 1st down. Especially with the schedule we have coming up. We had some receivers drop really well thrown balls tonight that could of been big plays moving down field 

8 hours ago, Spike16 said:

It was real ugly! 

Crow told you all at first of season.Oneida just don't have a lot of weapons.Just a run at you type team and if you can slow that down it hurts production.Nice to see the two passing TDs but we all know as Along as Tony is there that will never be the focus.Run game And D,nothing wrong with that but you have to extremely good at both!

4 of 9 passing last night. Made up about 111 of our 250 total yards. 62 of it came on a screen pass to the TE, 41 more on another pass, 8 or 9 on a 3rd play and the 4th completion was for no gain. This on a night that running the ball wasn't very effective. 

Long story short, if you don't like watching a 2 TE power I running game 85%+ of the time might not wanna spend the 6$ for a ticket. Like OnB said nothing wrong with it, in fact me and him both like that style of football. Its just extremely hard to make a deep run now days with that style offense. We did it in 2008, Union City makes it work semi regularly, Alcoa made it work. 

21 hours ago, crow said:

4 of 9 passing last night. Made up about 111 of our 250 total yards. 62 of it came on a screen pass to the TE, 41 more on another pass, 8 or 9 on a 3rd play and the 4th completion was for no gain. This on a night that running the ball wasn't very effective. 

Long story short, if you don't like watching a 2 TE power I running game 85%+ of the time might not wanna spend the 6$ for a ticket. Like OnB said nothing wrong with it, in fact me and him both like that style of football. Its just extremely hard to make a deep run now days with that style offense. We did it in 2008, Union City makes it work semi regularly, Alcoa made it work. 

Yes in 08..ahhh I have nightmares about that FREAKIN jet sweep!!!Quit bringing it back up.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I love a strong rushing attack.  I'm surprised Harriman was able to slow your role

A strong running smashmouth team is a thing of beauty!I have had a privilege to be on a couple.My youngest son did too.In my opinion it trumps a 400 yards passing game any day.This day in age a team has to be a little versatile with all these fancy offenses and big time athletes the bigger schools get.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

A strong running smashmouth team is a thing of beauty!I have had a privilege to be on a couple.My youngest son did too.In my opinion it trumps a 400 yards passing game any day.This day in age a team has to be a little versatile with all these fancy offenses and big time athletes the bigger schools get.

I think the power run game is trendy now because so many teams focus their defensive schemes and personnel around stopping the spread offenses. Smaller players, fewer at the line of scrimmage and in the box.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, crow said:

That's true but 2 of those 4 completions where TD throws. Running the ball wasn't effective because Harriman had the box loaded up all night. It's just good to see that Oneida has a QB with a arm when they need it. 

People are going to pay the 6$ regardless of what plays TL run!

2 hours ago, Osceola17 said:

That's true but 2 of those 4 completions where TD throws. Running the ball wasn't effective because Harriman had the box loaded up all night. It's just good to see that Oneida has a QB with a arm when they need it. 

People are going to pay the 6$ regardless of what plays TL run!

That's my point, we were ineffective on the ground and still only had 9 attempts. Of course that's 10 more than TL wants to throw lol.