Union City travels to Poth, TX

fallguy17

Zebra you are correct on all accounts. Boosters, fundraisers and some donations. The players have a certain amount of money they must raise to help pay for the trip.  Of course they are given fundraisers to help with that.  One of the best things are those discount cards that almost everyone sells now and because not all of the kids have the same economic status the balance is made up by the other two avenues.  

Personally I wish we would not do this because of the risk of traveling across the country on school buses.  I am concerned about what can happen when you take on trips like this each year.  Sorry to the rest of the UC faithful but that's how I feel. 

1 hour ago, BigSwo said:

I would say. ..that question has been asked so many times and it has been answered just as many.  I'm sorry but I don't want to answer it again.  It's just something our boys and coaching staff like to do and will probably keep doing.  That's all I have to say about that. 

Don't get my wrong I would love to have the opportunity to play a team from Texas and Pennsylvania. And if it something y'all want to keep doing, I have no problem with it. It's y'alls money, not mine. 

2 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Should be an interesting game. I've often wondered how TN teams would do in football powerhouse states like Texas or Florida. Sounds like UC actually has a decent team to play this trip. Good luck to UC and be safe on your travels. 

Hard to say. This school shows they have 247 students. So in between Lake Co and probably Greenfield size wise .Good luck UC and have a safe trip.

26 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Awe man.  This is our bye week.  I hate hate hate bye weeks.  We usually take a while getting back into the groove after a bye week.  Well crap. 

I know what you mean. Last time some guys from West TN went down to the San Antonio area it didn't turn out to well for them. We'll be alright though.

Edited by fallguy17

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, ysoangry said:

Should be an interesting game. I've often wondered how TN teams would do in football powerhouse states like Texas or Florida. Sounds like UC actually has a decent team to play this trip. Good luck to UC and be safe on your travels. 

Not for sure this will be much of a game.  May be a better game than the last two long road trips.  Texas  or not, this team ( Poth ) will not be able to handle the "Pound and Ground" offense that Union City will carry onto their field.  I can also assure anyone Poth Texas has not played a team  like a Mayfield or a Trenton or never do.   This is a small school, a small district, a small community and they dress like 26 players.  They do throw the ball which might give Union City some fits but good learning game.  Should be a great trip and event for all that go.  Best wishes to the team and I h I can make at last one more game this year being out of town so much.  Their schedule says it is their homecoming.  They have al only played 2 games thus far and won both by a T D and one was in O T.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:24 PM, BigSwo said:

Awe man.  This is our bye week.  I hate hate hate bye weeks.  We usually take a while getting back into the groove after a bye week.  Well crap. 

Swo just curious. When do you guys leave out and come back for a trip to Texas. Also how far away is this team. Just curious how you would even plan out a trip like this from a logistic stand point. Good luck and safe travels. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

Swo just curious. When do you guys leave out and come back for a trip to Texas. Also how far away is this team. Just curious how you would even plan out a trip like this from a logistic stand point. Good luck and safe travels. 

12 hour drive. Leave Wednesday around 1am. Practice Wednesday afternoon, jv game on Thursday and typical Thursday/Friday routines at same usual time of day.  Come back Sunday. Scattered throughout the days there  will be historical sites/tours and other educational opportunities.   All paid for via football team fundraisers. Great opportunities for kids that have never gotten out of nw Tn, much less the state, to see other areas of US. Last year in charleston, sc, kids that have never seen the ocean got to spend a few hours on the beach the Saturday after the game. The previous year, Gettysburg and Washington DC.  Great opportunity, truly blessed by great team, coaching staff, school administrators and community. 

14 minutes ago, Atlas said:

12 hour drive. Leave Wednesday around 1am. Practice Wednesday afternoon, jv game on Thursday and typical Thursday/Friday routines at same usual time of day.  Come back Sunday. Scattered throughout the days there  will be historical sites/tours and other educational opportunities.   All paid for via football team fundraisers. Great opportunities for kids that have never gotten out of nw Tn, much less the state, to see other areas of US. Last year in charleston, sc, kids that have never seen the ocean got to spend a few hours on the beach the Saturday after the game. The previous year, Gettysburg and Washington DC.  Great opportunity, truly blessed by great team, coaching staff, school administrators and community. 

That is awesome. Great big world out there other than football and y'all divide an opportunity. Safe travels and have fun. 

Atlas I still have pictures of the walk through practice on the deck of the aircraft carrier in Charleston SC.  The boys were not focused and Bowling had them doing "up downs" right there on the flight deck.  I thought that was cool.  Probably not the first young men to do such things on board that ship. Either way they got focused and won huge in the game on Friday.  Maybe they have do up downs at the Alamo this week.  Lol