Oakland 3-0 vs. Riverdale 4-0 - Battle of the Boro

GoPats2019

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I'm not sold on a Maryville team without Quarles, that could easily be 1-3 right now. Riverdale seems to be good, but if Oakland were to easily beat Riverdale than that would give us a better indication of the talent level Oakland has. 

If the entire state played Maryville's schedule, all but a dozen or so would be 1-3 at this point. Maryville is 3-1 because they are still that good and will continue to be. Both Oakland and Maryville are going to be among the top in 6A every season for as long as the current staffs are there.

As for the game, Riverdale has to establish some kind of running game bewteen the tackles; if you try to run wide on Oakland they will chase you down. Oakland has basically had 3 weeks to prepare for this game, so Riverdale is going to have to be sharp and get creative. Just giving it to Davis every time isn't going to work

9 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Oakland will win this one by about 17, if I had to guess. Will gladly eat crow if I'm incorrect, though. 2017 is the year for Blackman to represent the Boro in the Semi's...next year is Oakland's year.

I hope you are right on all acounts.. We still have work to do at Blackman if we are going to play well against Oakland and the likes of Maryville and Whitehaven if we make it that far

32 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Just kids having fun................and if it annoys a few of us old farts along the way, they are probably even  more happy to bang on those things. Lol

I guess I fit right in with the Old fart group... whatever happened to kids going to a game and actually watching it.????