Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

Just now, crow said:

Cherokean, I know you're a numbers guy and a straight shooter. What were the 15 Greenback penalties comprised of? How many holding, motion, false starts, delay of game etc.?

From what I remember at least two maybe three unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 defensive offsides, one delay of game, a few false starts, and I don't remember the rest

7 minutes ago, Raven52 said:

From what I remember at least two maybe three unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 defensive offsides, one delay of game, a few false starts, and I don't remember the rest

Interception for TD called back for a phantom block in the back that supposedly occurred 10 yards behind where any player was. Holding on 5o yard TD run where #6 trucked about 4 GCA players on his way to endzone called back. When ref was asked who held he said #6, first time I have heard of a ball carrier getting called for holding. And I don't remember the rest.........

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Interception for TD called back for a phantom block in the back that supposedly occurred 10 yards behind where any player was. Holding on 5o yard TD run where #6 trucked about 4 GCA players on his way to endzone called back. When ref was asked who held he said #6, first time I have heard of a ball carrier getting called for holding. And I don't remember the rest.........

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, blackhelmet. I do know on Breeden's long TD run that drew a flag from the Head Linesman and the white hat, that it was a bad play on the edge on our OLB. It was a bear hug and a big tug of the jersey. It happened on our side, so it was easy for me to see and I'm sure difficult to pick up from across the field. That one was a good call. When I see it, I'll try to post the time of the replay to check it out. The other one you mentioned, I can't speak to that one until I see the replay. I was watching a different area of the field. 

14 minutes ago, crow said:

Cherokean, I know you're a numbers guy and a straight shooter. What were the 15 Greenback penalties comprised of? How many holding, motion, false starts, delay of game etc.?

15 total. 4 personal fouls(2coach)(2players),2 holding, 1 delay of game, 1 neutral zone infraction, 1 block in back and rest were offsides and illegal procedure. Coach getting tossed was unfortunate. It was a bad no call. He was justified being irate.  It was after a TD. We missed PAT so nothing to whine about. When people embellish penalties by a factor of 17 and post on Facebook and Twitter, it invalidates the whole issue with the neutral referees.

3 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

First of all this was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life. I watched the game and couldn't believe that this could happen in this day and time. But, if we stop #4 running off the left tackle a few of the maybe 20 times that he ran it in the 2nd half we might not be talking about a loss. Losing Ryan's play calling hurt us, but he had to do what he did. On a bright note #24 and #6 really ran the ball hard, I was glad to see #24 run with attitude last night and #23 has some great hands . Cant wait until next year, It will be a gut stomping to remember. Overall very proud of all the boys there is no way I could have made it through that game, I would have been sitting on the bus with coach Ryan after an ejection.

Also props to the GCA defense for stopping us 3 times inside the 20 in the first half. I know some of it was ref assisted but they still stopped us. Should have been 28-0 at the half. 

good post!!!!

5 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, blackhelmet. I do know on Breeden's long TD run that drew a flag from the Head Linesman and the white hat, that it was a bad play on the edge on our OLB. It was a bear hug and a big tug of the jersey. It happened on our side, so it was easy for me to see and I'm sure difficult to pick up from across the field. That one was a good call. When I see it, I'll try to post the time of the replay to check it out. The other one you mentioned, I can't speak to that one until I see the replay. I was watching a different area of the field. 

I didn't see holding I'm sure there was, holding occurs on every single play almost. I'm not crying about the game, just responding to 41's  lashing of ladykee. We didn't execute when needed, we had 4 tds called back against CAK and still blew them out despite the refs. But these calls were crucial game killers. But again we stop the run in the 2nd half and  we are probably still complaining about the atrocious refs but not a loss. I also thought when we got the ball back with 4+ to go we would march down and score and win by 1 but it didn't happen. I hate losing to any private school especially GCA. Next year will be a much anticipated game, and I am sure we will provide great hospitality at the "Drive in". Good luck the rest of the way....

• Like 1