Mount Juliet vs Clarksville NW

MJGOLDENBEARS

12 hours ago, gbrpats said:

Haha very true!!!! I'm not sure on that Henry Counry had a streak of 5 games of shutouts but that wasnt to start the season. I'm sure that 5 games to start the season hasnt been done in years!!

I done some digging on some of the more notable teams. Here are some of interest that I found related to the shutout streak and other defensive feats.

2016 Oakland - They allowed 7 points or less in 13 of 15 games. They allowed 12 and 13 points in the other games to Hillsboro and Whitehaven.

1997 Pearl Cohn - They had 6 shutouts in a row.

1997 Union City - They had a span of 9 games where they allowed 6 points or less.

1998 Union City - They had 5 shutouts in a row and a span of 10 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1979 Maryville - They had 9 shutouts on the season.

1966 MBA - They allowed 16 points the entire season.

1985 MBA - They had 5 shutouts in a row and a span of 10 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1989 Milan - They started the season with 5 shutouts in a row and only allowed 12 points in the first 10 games.

1993 Milan - They had a 6 shutouts in a row and a span of 11 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1997 Trousdale County - I'm working on this one but remember reading somewhere that they only allowed something like 64 points and something like 44 points of it was in 2 games so they allowed like 20 points in the other 13 games or something along those lines.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I done some digging on some of the more notable teams. Here are some of interest that I found related to the shutout streak and other defensive feats.

2016 Oakland - They allowed 7 points or less in 13 of 15 games. They allowed 12 and 13 points in the other games to Hillsboro and Whitehaven.

1997 Union City - They had a span of 9 games where they allowed 6 points or less.

1998 Union City - They had 5 shutouts in a row and a span of 10 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1985 MBA - They had 5 shutouts in a row and a span of 10 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1989 Milan - They started the season with 5 shutouts in a row and only allowed 12 points in the first 10 games.

1993 Milan - They had a 6 shutouts in a row and a span of 11 games where they allowed 7 points or less.

1997 Trousdale County - I'm working on this one but remember reading somewhere that they only allowed something like 64 points and something like 44 points of it was in 2 games so they allowed like 20 points in the other 13 games or something along those lines.

Wow that's some good stuff. Very interesting. There has been some great defense played in Tennessee 

4 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Hats off to ya, honestly I was to lazy to go digging for info. 

'97, Knox Halls HS gave up 12 points to Gibbs (did not score on 1st team), 10 points to Cumberland Co., all in the first half (Only points scored in the first half in regular season), 18 points to Pearl-Cohn in State championship game, all in the 1st half, 6 shut outs in 15 games,   Mary ville, Cocke Co., Anderson Co. and Central all scored 1 TD each in regular season.  Baylor and And. Co each score 1 TD in the playoffs

17 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

1996 Trousdale County - Went week 2 -9 without giving up a point. (7 weeks - 7 shutouts).

1997 Trousdale County - The most we gave up was 8 points, in a single game,  to Gordonsville in week 10. Averaged around 49 points scored, while giving up a touch over 4 points. Held the state single season scoring record, until Greeneville broke it a few years back. We also held Troy Flemming to 48 yards in the season opener that year. Best team ever to wear the Gold hat in Trousdale.