Mairvul heads two Allin-Wick

STARSNBARS

9 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I was at the game for awhile. I heard them using foul language as a collective, booing when WB had good plays, and at one point when Maryville scored they started singing the fight song but with altered lyrics to insult WB and called them "p#####". I understand that all student sections devolve into poor sportsmanship at times, but Maryville's is consistently one of the worst. I normally wouldnt bring it up, but it seems a lot of Maryville folks live in glass houses and like to throw stones.

I was lucky enough (insert eye roll) to sit right behind our student section last night. A. They didn't boo WB any more than WB boo'd us.  And they never called WB p*ss*'s, in the changes lyrics of their fight song the say "we're not p*ssy's".  As a parent of an MHS senior, I don't like their lyrics, but it's no different than when we changed the lyrics to our fight song at my HS. Kids will be kids.  

1 minute ago, rebelwoman87 said:

This is the biggest snowball story in the history of Blount County. Everyone knows someone that was standing behind the goal post smh. Must of been 7000 invisible people back there. And yes it was an extra point. Not a field goal. 

Maryville got lazy that night and took William Blount for granted. Had WB got the extra point there was enough time left for Maryville to put together a drive. Had it went into overtime I would bet my life Maryville would have won. I also have had many people tell me over the years they were standing right under the goal post that night. The game I'll never forget is the one in 1999 where WB got the ball inside the five yard line and got a dozen chances through penalties and won the game on a very crappy call but you never heard that story told for ten years after and everytime it was told it grew legs.

I remember that missed extra point game differently, but I am older and more forgetful than most everyone on here. I felt wb really outplayed murvil  that night. It seem like they knew the play calls. They jumped several routes to Mr douglas and dropped some interceptions. That was a good group of kids In LA. But that was along time ago and the programs went in opposite directions.

17 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maryville got lazy that night and took William Blount for granted. Had WB got the extra point there was enough time left for Maryville to put together a drive. Had it went into overtime I would bet my life Maryville would have won. I also have had many people tell me over the years they were standing right under the goal post that night. The game I'll never forget is the one in 1999 where WB got the ball inside the five yard line and got a dozen chances through penalties and won the game on a very crappy call but you never heard that story told for ten years after and everytime it was told it grew legs.

Barney,

Sorry, but WB was clearly the better team that game. They physically dominated Maryville at the line of scrimmage and got in the endzone more times than Maryville did. Maryville benefited from a bad snap on a punt, two allegedly missed extra points, and God knows how many interceptions we had and dropped. At least 2 of those interceptions would have most likely been pick 6s.

And as for "being right under the goal post" you people know what they mean. I have never heard anyone say those exact words. I have heard people say they were "right behind the goal post along the fence" and there were tons of people who were really standing back there. That is beside the point though... The sports guy on the news showed slow motion replay that night and the extra point was clearly good.

55 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Had WB got the extra point there was enough time left for Maryville to put together a drive. Had it went into overtime I would bet my life Maryville would have won. 

Why are you certain that Maryville would have drove down the field and scored or won in overtime? Their offense really struggled against WB's defense. So much so, that they could not even score a td when we gifted them the ball inside the 10 on a bad snap on a punt.  Also, why doesnt the same logic apply to the loss to Whitehaven? They could have theoretically went down the field and scored to win had Maryville's 2 point conversion counted. Also, they could have won in overtime. Oh wait, they did do that. lol 

Edited by TheGuvna

5 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Why are you certain that Maryville would have drove down the field and scored or won in overtime? Their offense really struggled against WB's defense. So much so, that they could not even score a td when we gifted them the ball inside the 10 on a bad snap on a punt.  Also, why doesnt the same logic apply to the loss to Whitehaven? They could have theoretically went down the field and scored to win had Maryville's 2 point conversion counted. Also, they could have won in overtime. Oh wait, they did do that. lol 

I know you cherish the 2012 Whitehaven loss 91. It gives you so much happiness. Actually it’s all you have. Well that and the 2007 moral victory against Maryville lol.