Loudon vs McMinn Central

ButlerB

7 hours ago, ButlerB said:

Who you got??

Well hopefully the Redskins got a wake up call in the 2nd half last night! They have to start putting teams away when opportunity is there. Always enjoy playing McMinn Central, alot of history between these 2 schools. I think the REDSKINS will be to much for the Chargers! 42-14 GO REDSKINS!

On 9/23/2017 at 7:32 PM, hohmaster said:

This may be the worst Central team you've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.  Another blowout loss coming for the Chargers.

I will have to say, I seen a change in the aggressiveness defensively in the 3rd qt. against Meigs.  I disagree with worst team in history.  I think this game will be closer than expected.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, logcabinman said:

I will have to say, I seen a change in the aggressiveness defensively in the 3rd qt. against Meigs.  I disagree with worst team in history.  I think this game will be closer than expected.

I admire your faith even if you and I both know that you know better. Showing aggressiveness when you're down 33-0 one minute into the third quarter and the other team starts resting a lot of starters doesn't impress me other than it shows that "some" of the Central players (like your son) didn't quit giving it their all.  After playing as many games as Central has you see the team trend: lack of discipline, multiple penalties, bad execution on offense, poor tackling, etc. Most of these weekly issues fall squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.  
I may have been wrong on the worst team in history comment because there have been so many bad teams at Central, but it's definitely one of the worst teams I've seen.  I hope the game will be closer than expected.  How much of a point loss would you consider acceptable against Loudon?  

2 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I admire your faith even if you and I both know that you know better. Showing aggressiveness when you're down 33-0 one minute into the third quarter and the other team starts resting a lot of starters doesn't impress me other than it shows that "some" of the Central players (like your son) didn't quit giving it their all.  After playing as many games as Central has you see the team trend: lack of discipline, multiple penalties, bad execution on offense, poor tackling, etc. Most of these weekly issues fall squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.  
I may have been wrong on the worst team in history comment because there have been so many bad teams at Central, but it's definitely one of the worst teams I've seen.  I hope the game will be closer than expected.  How much of a point loss would you consider acceptable against Loudon?  

I am just saying, my son, is starting to feel a little more confident out there.  I am seeing a switch come on that I have been waiting for.  He has the ability, if he will let himself go, to perform as his brother.  Do I think Loudon is a better team, yes, but I have seen our boys have some moments this year where I see the potential.  I guess it may be pure hope that the defense can step it up, and offensively we can find a rhythm.  These are some fine young men, and I enjoy being around many of them.  Just ready to see them put some potential together.  Loudon would be a great start.  I mean I felt like we battled with Sweetwater who could have potentially beat Meigs.  Polk stunk all the way around, can't say much about that one.  Seq. game, we should have won, and they have beaten some teams obviously not as good as we are.  Played McMinn tough for half.  So I have seen some good things, especially defensively. 

• Like 1

Loudon has been the better producing team, but if Central's offense can reduce the penalties and play with consistency and reduce the turnovers they could make it a tighter game.  Just from others' observations, the defense needs to wrap up better and tackle on contact.  The offense has played very well in spurts, sometimes even the majority of a quarter, but they need to put together a whole game of moving the ball, scoring more, and keeping the opponent's offense off the field so the Chargers defense gets some breathers.  Sometimes these things are easier said than done when you're dealing with a young, inexperienced team playing a tough schedule.