Greenback at Coalfield round 1!

orngnblk

15 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Their line play is pretty good and #34 and #1 runs the ball hard and everyone knows about #21. Their middle linebacker got hurt against midway (hope the young man is ok) and he runs pretty tough also. We will have to play our best ball of the year to keep it close IMO but you never know which way the ball bounces sometimes. 

40 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I'd predict a Kees victory, but I've not seen Coalfield, so that wouldn't be too credible. I know this, if they beat you all by "as much as they want," they're better than any team we've seen by far, and I'm betting that isn't the case. I just don't see it being possible. Hoping for a great back and forth game making for some good entertainment on RivalryThursday.

It should be a good game ram fan, I just hope we get the same refs you all had at your place and maybe we can pull it out because we will need all the help we can get.

Just now, rtl112 said:

It should be a good game ram fan, I just hope we get the same refs you all had at your place and maybe we can pull it out because we will need all the help we can get.

Yeah, that was it. We'd have lost by four touchdowns, if they hadn't had 35 flags thrown against them....lol. I'll see if we can't pay our Ram officials to head up that way Thursday night. We just need em back for CAK on Friday! :) 

7 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Yeah, that was it. We'd have lost by four touchdowns, if they hadn't had 35 flags thrown against them....lol. I'll see if we can't pay our Ram officials to head up that way Thursday night. We just need em back for CAK on Friday! :) 

I'm sure they can pull a double shift.  Heck, you guys won't need them against CAK!  Grace ought to mercy rule CAK!

Guest Fall101

Tempted to drive down and watch this one! Can GB slow down #21? Gonna have to spy him all night! I honestly figured a few bigger schools would be coming at him harder by now. 

16 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I'm sure they can pull a double shift.  Heck, you guys won't need them against CAK!  Grace ought to mercy rule CAK!

Not a chance! If our boys go into Friday thinking like this, we'll get beat.

This game means the world to them in many ways given their season to date. If they can beat us, it sets them up for a good finish, playoff spot, etc.... They lose to us and they're in big trouble for the playoffs and just in general from a program perception perspective. It should mean as much for our Rams. I believe it does from all I can gather talking to folks. I expect you can throw out the records or prognostications, and bet on one heck of a ballgame. I'm not "Holtzing" either. They've switched up their QB and got their best playmakers in positions more suited to make plays.  They've gotten better, much better, the past couple of weeks. We have our hands full!

Y'all have been awfully quite on this thread. I'm guessing its because everyone knows this will be a monster of a competitive game. Similarly, our CAK v GCA thread has been non-existent, primarily because we GCA fans know better than to underestimate a hated rival with an ax to grind. And, RB would kill us if we gave them any bulletin-board material! :D