Meigs County @ Oneida

TigerNation

Guest Fall101

This one will get ugly real quick at the Reservation! Hey Meigs put 10 in the box and you've stopped Oneidas Offense! I'm an Oneida fan but  that offense gotta go! Oh yeah if you throw it deep chances are you will be behind our secondary 90% of the time. 

1 hour ago, Spike16 said:

This one will get ugly real quick at the Reservation! Hey Meigs put 10 in the box and you've stopped Oneidas Offense! I'm an Oneida fan but  that offense gotta go! Oh yeah if you throw it deep chances are you will be behind our secondary 90% of the time. 

Thanks for the scouting report.

14 hours ago, Tiger86 said:

Maybe,I'm sure someone will say how much better they are than us  

I doubt it.

14 hours ago, Spike16 said:

I'm not sold just yet. 2 weeks to prepare. Last home game for Oneida. Long trip for Meigs. Fall break. I'm sure coach Lambert will have your players wanting to beat the Tigers. I can see this playing out sort of like the Rockwood game, close for a while then Meigs pulls away at the end.

7 hours ago, EastTennesseeExpert said:

Is this the worst Oneida team since the 1950s?

Not the worst but not the best. Our front 7 are pretty good and this is a physical team, we just really don't have any speed honestly. If we had a couple of burners with this line we would make some noise but we don't. Just the nature of the game especially in rural schools, some years you got it, some years you don't. 

5 hours ago, NunchuckRob said:

Interesting thing about Oneida is they are doing the same things they have done for years. The things that have changed is the jimmys and joes. Oneida is currently going through a slump when considering skilled athletes. It does matter how quick your cats are.

X’s and O’s don’t matter if you ain’t got the JIMMY’s and JOE’s 

Waves of athletes go in and out in cycles. That’s just how it is for many small/rural schools. You’ll be loaded for a few years and then down for a few more. 

HOWEVER, regardless of Oneida’s situation, Lambert will have his kids ready to go. Hope we don’t lay an egg.

Go Tigers!

4 hours ago, crow said:

Not the worst but not the best. Our front 7 are pretty good and this is a physical team, we just really don't have any speed honestly. If we had a couple of burners with this line we would make some noise but we don't. Just the nature of the game especially in rural schools, some years you got it, some years you don't. 

Your last phrase...made me hum the jingle for Almond Joy & Mounds...haha