Mount Juliet (7-0) at McGavock (5-2)

MJGOLDENBEARS

2 hours ago, PoleCat56 said:

Lol you MJ guys are really ridiculous. Pc and CR and probably half of middle TN would be 8-0 with that schedule as well. Are you really serious that you think yall are that good ? It will all come to light on about 3 weeks. If you think your gonna beat a top tier 6A school being that 1 dimensional you're wrong. The Raines kid is great tho. Enjoy this while you can , you will be looking to blame someone on your staff on why yall get beat soon 

Thing is partner, nobody needs your respect. Plain and simple. When Cordova smashes "little brother PC" tonight then what? How many guys you going to have out for that one or whatever your excuse will be. Fact is PC will always have to fight for scraps at the table. MJ not so much.

Big Money Buddy

MOJO

Edited by DylanPanthers1

3 hours ago, PoleCat56 said:

Lol you MJ guys are really ridiculous. Pc and CR and probably half of middle TN would be 8-0 with that schedule as well. Are you really serious that you think yall are that good ? It will all come to light on about 3 weeks. If you think your gonna beat a top tier 6A school being that 1 dimensional you're wrong. The Raines kid is great tho. Enjoy this while you can , you will be looking to blame someone on your staff on why yall get beat soon 

Lol since 2012 you have 57 measly posts, most of which come from metro teams topics, I think you're mad that we've beat every metro team we've faced this year with ease. Also you picked Gallatin to beat us by 10! Lol we beat them by 37! And you quietly act like you never said anything. Gallatin is a good team so what does that make us? Great... and what does that make you? In denial.

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Sorry but we woulda never lost 28-7 to Cookeville like your Birds did. "But my starters" lol. Whatever you wanna think though... Good luck against Cordova

I said Cookeville took care of business! But PC was short handed that's reality not an excuse. We'll see them next year. Stop cheerleading for MT Juliet all the time, I'm sure they already have a squad.

1 hour ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

Thing is partner, nobody needs your respect. Plain and simple. When Cordova smashes "little brother PC" tonight then what? How many guys you going to have out for that one or whatever your excuse will be. Fact is PC will always have to fight for scraps at the table. MJ not so much.

Big Money Buddy

MOJO

Play tomorrow at 5! You should come out and hate in person.

MJ threads are like car wrecks, you don't want to look but you do just to see how bad it is...  Obviously MJ is a really good team, but you guys seem to be amazed at the "haters".  I guarantee the hate is not for the real team (players & coaches) but the posters that attempt to belittle other schools like PC via names like "little brother", etc.  I think it's sad because true fans of a team act as representatives of that team and the young men on MJ don't deserve people hoping they loose because the representatives act like fools on a message board.  They deserve respect for what they have accomplished.  And yes, if you respond to fools with foolishness you look the same. 

Be excited, be proud, and sit back waiting to show Coach T (the website) that this team will win more than 1 or 0 zero playoff games unlike the last four years.  Or, continue to turn every MJ thread into a Jerry Springer show.  Each approach has it's proponents, but I believe only one will make readers new MJ fans. 

Edited by bcd
  • Upvote 1

I believe MJ has a really good football team. But I am on the fence as to how good they really are. I am ready to see them play some good teams and see how they fair. I will say i am most intrigued by them, they are my number one question mark team..believe the hype or are they just beneficial of the schedule. Regardless holding teams scoreless is impressive. Time will tell so everyone calm down and let it play out.

15 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

My point was they were 5-2!!! Get it straight and quit avoiding the obvious!  Haters jeesh

The obvious is that McGavock is a below average 6A football team with a padded record. That isn't hating that is being in the real world.

I brought this up week one that McGavock would win 4-5 games because of their schedule but would get hammered at the end of the season.

They play Cane Ridge in two weeks. What do you think the score will be in that game?

Mt. Juliet has a darn good football team. How good? We don't know. Because they haven't played another top team. And won't until the playoffs. That is why they aren't getting and likely will not get the respect they deserve until the playoffs.

Their strength of schedule ranks next to last in 6A. Ahead of only Barlett who has non-region games against 3A Sheffield (0-7), 5A Bolton (0-7) and 5A Memphis Overton (0-7).

This might be the year for Mt. Juliet. We just have no clue until we see them against Region 3 in the playoffs. I can't wait to see it because I expect it to be some good football.

3 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The obvious is that McGavock is a below average 6A football team with a padded record. That isn't hating that is being in the real world.

I brought this up week one that McGavock would win 4-5 games because of their schedule but would get hammered at the end of the season.

They play Cane Ridge in two weeks. What do you think the score will be in that game?

Mt. Juliet has a darn good football team. How good? We don't know. Because they haven't played another top team. And won't until the playoffs. That is why they aren't getting and likely will not get the respect they deserve until the playoffs.

Their strength of schedule ranks next to last in 6A. Ahead of only Barlett who has non-region games against 3A Sheffield (0-7), 5A Bolton (0-7) and 5A Memphis Overton (0-7).

This might be the year for Mt. Juliet. We just have no clue until we see them against Region 3 in the playoffs. I can't wait to see it because I expect it to be some good football.

Logic... who would have thunk it?

• Upvote 1

Does any Murfreesboro supporter realize the argument “you scheduled Glencliff” that Glencliff beat Republic who Oakland played? I guess if you schedule Maryville the rest of your non region games are okay if you schedule REPUBLIC WHO LOST TO GLENCLIFF. Don’t forget to mention in your region is Warren Co and Coffee Co. I won’t mention that Franklin team that Oakland plays tonight since that counts as a tough game. 

5 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Guess what we're number 5 in 6a for a reason. We're 8-0, our defense has averaged just under 3 points a game. Our offense is stacked with talent. We are a great team. Enough said...

1 minute ago, mtjulietchronicle said:

Does any Murfreesboro supporter realize the argument “you scheduled Glencliff” that Glencliff beat Republic who Oakland played? I guess if you schedule Maryville the rest of your non region games are okay if you schedule REPUBLIC WHO LOST TO GLENCLIFF. Don’t forget to mention in your region is Warren Co and Coffee Co. I won’t mention that Franklin team that Oakland plays tonight since that counts as a tough game. 

Wow well said my man.

2 minutes ago, mtjulietchronicle said:

I think having Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale, Cookeville and Siegel together in a region kinda balances out getting to play Warren and Coffee Co.

Didn't Franklin beat McGavock 34-7? Yeah because that is the only game they won. They lost to Brentwood by 4, Riverdale, Ravenwood by 3, Independence by 10, Hendersonville by 14 and Centennial by 3.

The difference is that Franklin has won 8+ games pretty much every year for the last decade. Nobody knew they would be 1-6. Glencliff has been one of the worst teams in the state for years and years.

Oakland has the 5th strongest strength of schedule in 6A.