AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Marion County was just as good if not better than Waverly last season. They were good in all phases of the game. Their 2015 team was better than last season, but last year was still a very good team. The Marion and Trezevant game was nip and tuck until the very end. Anyone that says they would have not had a chance against Waverly must be a homer. Before anyone replies, Waverly was one of my two preseason picks to win the gold ball. Also, I'm no Marion fan. They are a bitter rival. I'm just calling it like I see it. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly has a good 2A team, but in no way shape form or fashion are the best in years anywhere but in Waverly. They have a great chance to win it all, but don't get carried away. I've seen 2A Alcoa and CAK teams through the years that would beat them soundly. The old Goodpasture and Lipscomb teams were also monsters. SP and Trousdale have had some great ones. Union City in 2014, CPA 2000, Ezell Harding 2001, among others in 1-2A. 

Did you see Waverly play last yr?

Have you seen Waverly play this yr?

Waverly has a very good team and an excellent coach.  But anyone who thinks they are unbeatable is wrong. 1A Huntington pulled it off and Fairview was a close one. If McConnell hadn’t made his adjustments we would have lost that one. Crazy things happen in th playoffs just like Scott’s hill knocking off adamsville and almost Waverly last year. I’m still picking us to win it all this year tho!  

45 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Did you see Waverly play last yr?

Have you seen Waverly play this yr?

Yes, I saw the Trezevant game. I have seen the Huntingdon game this season. I've been around a very long time and have seen ALOT of great 1A and 2A football teams. I've also seen some good teams that managed to win the gold ball. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

45 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Marion County was just as good if not better than Waverly last season. They were good in all phases of the game. Their 2015 team was better than last season, but last year was still a very good team. The Marion and Trezevant game was nip and tuck until the very end. Anyone that says they would have not had a chance against Waverly must be a homer. Before anyone replies, Waverly was one of my two preseason picks to win the gold ball. Also, I'm no Marion fan. They are a bitter rival. I'm just calling it like I see it. 

38 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly has a good 2A team, but in no way shape form or fashion are the best in years anywhere but in Waverly. They have a great chance to win it all, but don't get carried away. I've seen 2A Alcoa and CAK teams through the years that would beat them soundly. The old Goodpasture and Lipscomb teams were also monsters. SP and Trousdale have had some great ones. Union City in 2014, CPA 2000, Ezell Harding 2001, among others in 1-2A. 

Agree on some of your points, but disagree with one in particular...Waverly was the best true 2A team last year. All the arguments on the matter are hypothetical...it will never be possible to prove or disprove, but the most reliable opinions came from the only team to face both. Having said that, Waverly does not have the defense to be in the conversation of "best 2A ever". They are good, and the offense is really good, but some of those mentioned above were excellent on both sides of the ball.

After all that...Waverly has not won a playoff game yet, much less the gold ball. Regardless of what you or I think the playoffs are a different animal, and the best team doesn't always win. Lets wait and see how good they show that they can be before we disagree about how good they are right now.

I have not said they are unbeatable and I have not said that they are the best highschool football since 1949 either. Waverly was the second best AA team in the state last yr thats my opinion nobody is going to change that and i also think Waverly is the best AA team that I have seen this yr. That's my opinion and I would just like to apologize for whom it butt hurts

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Agree on some of your points, but disagree with one in particular...Waverly was the best true 2A team last year. All the arguments on the matter are hypothetical...it will never be possible to prove or disprove, but the most reliable opinions came from the only team to face both. Having said that, Waverly does not have the defense to be in the conversation of "best 2A ever". They are good, and the offense is really good, but some of those mentioned above were excellent on both sides of the ball.

After all that...Waverly has not won a playoff game yet, much less the gold ball. Regardless of what you or I think the playoffs are a different animal, and the best team doesn't always win. Lets wait and see how good they show that they can be before we disagree about how good they are right now.

I agree on many of your points. They are my favorite, but this talk of the greatest team someone has ever seen is ridiculous. I'm a SP fan through and through, but one thing I'm not is a homer of my team. LMBO

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have not said they are unbeatable and I have not said that they are the best highschool football since 1949 either. Waverly was the second best AA team in the state last yr thats my opinion nobody is going to change that and i also think Waverly is the best AA team that I have seen this yr. That's my opinion and I would just like to apologize for whom it butt hurts

My first comment here wasn't too you. It was to the other gentlemen. You don't butt hurt me pal. Like it or hate it.. I call it like I see it. LMBO

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Could not agree with you more!!