AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Lewis Co. has evidently improved from our game, so I don't know about the CA/LC winner and Riverside...figure it's at least a toss-up. Riverside is a sound football team...they play defense and run pretty well, yet have balance enough on offense that you can't tee off on the run or pass. No weakness on defense either...not "great", but not easy to score on. I have to make Waverly a heavy favorite against anyone in 5/6, but after them the Panthers are right there. Just hope that the Hickman co. game was a "fluke"...homecoming and looking past someone can do that sometimes.

I don't know. Might have been a little of homecoming. Might have been a little let down after the trip to Waverly. Either way, Riverside has won two games this year on bad nights and that is an improvement. They are sitting at 6-2 and should end up 8-2 or 7-3. (As a fan I'm saying 8-2.) Waverly will be hard for any team in Reg.  5 or 6 to beat. But if any team has a chance at them, it is Riverside. If you don't believe me ask the Waverly people. Unless I'm wrong, they will agree. As far as the rankings, I also think Waverly should be 1 or 2 in the state this week, and not behind Columbia Academy or Lewis Co. No disrespect to those fine Region 5 teams. It's just Waverly had a strong run in the playoffs last year and they have reloaded this year.  

1 minute ago, @38320 said:

I don't know. Might have been a little of homecoming. Might have been a little let down after the trip to Waverly. Either way, Riverside has won two games this year on bad nights and that is an improvement. They are sitting at 6-2 and should end up 8-2 or 7-3. (As a fan I'm saying 8-2.) Waverly will be hard for any team in Reg.  5 or 6 to beat. But if any team has a chance at them, it is Riverside. If you don't believe me ask the Waverly people. Unless I'm wrong, they will agree. As far as the rankings, I also think Waverly should be 1 or 2 in the state this week, and not behind Columbia Academy or Lewis Co. No disrespect to those fine Region 5 teams. It's just Waverly had a strong run in the playoffs last year and they have reloaded this year.  

Waverly should be #1 in the poll for the reasons you state, and for the "eye test". The way the poll works (and I don't like), is that you get a lot of credit for past position, and they should have been above Meigs for that reason. Doesn't matter though...nice thing is that it all gets settled where it matters.

Good luck to the Panthers...take care of what you should, and the rest will fall into place.

4 hours ago, @38320 said:

I too think Hickman Co. is better than their record. Another upset possibility in the early rounds? 

Yea the lopsided margin of victory in the LC game is hard to judge because it is such a rival game. If you look at it close they are a couple of plays away from finishing  2nd in the Region.