AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Nothing that matters. Somewhere along the line it plays out where the top dogs advance...no scenario like last year where "my" Lions knocked out the #1 team in the poll, there's too much separation between the top teams and the "also ran's".

Scott's hill was one tough team last yr. If it wasn't for the defense we had last yr you guys would have made that trip to Memphis 

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Scott's hill was one tough team last yr. If it wasn't for the defense we had last yr you guys would have made that trip to Memphis 

We were tough, and Waverly got out coached. The better team won, though. Scotts Hill made just two mistakes the entire game and lost to a more talented opponent. We played great football the entire post season, and I was very proud of those kids...same kids who were thrilled just to win one or two games when they were freshmen, were heartsick that they had the opportunity to beat the best true 2A (my opinion) team in the state, and didn't get it done. Waverly's kids now have the opportunity to avoid that feeling... if they play to their potential they are (my opinion) the best 2A team in the state again, with no Memphis monster to deal with this time around. 

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

We were tough, and Waverly got out coached. The better team won, though. Scotts Hill made just two mistakes the entire game and lost to a more talented opponent. We played great football the entire post season, and I was very proud of those kids...same kids who were thrilled just to win one or two games when they were freshmen, were heartsick that they had the opportunity to beat the best true 2A (my opinion) team in the state, and didn't get it done. Waverly's kids now have the opportunity to avoid that feeling... if they play to their potential they are (my opinion) the best 2A team in the state again, with no Memphis monster to deal with this time around. 

Thanks trader

16 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Thanks trader. If we had the defense we had last year with the way the offense is playing this year. Waverly would with out adout the best team by a landslide. But the defense is getting better every week got players playing both ways now getting ready for the playoffs. But I still don't see anyone that can keep up with Waverlys offense Gavin is playing lights out right now. 

59 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Thanks trader. If we had the defense we had last year with the way the offense is playing this year. Waverly would with out adout the best team by a landslide. But the defense is getting better every week got players playing both ways now getting ready for the playoffs. But I still don't see anyone that can keep up with Waverlys offense Gavin is playing lights out right now. 

Waverlys defense has got better. we just have to out coach and out play the other teams. I know defense wins championships but our defense is just as average as the other teams. We have one stand out on defense and he returned from the one we had last yr. Waverlys offense will make up for the rest. The average score per game for Waverly is 48 and the opponents score is 23. We will have a fight on our hands with R5 and hopefully we get a rematch with Riverside. Whoever makes it to the semi will be in for a fight also because it will be either TCA or The Ville 

I always enjoy this time of the year as "the second season" gets ready to begin. I'm beginning to like Adamsville out of 7A as they seem to be getting better as the season goes along. I don't know what their injury status is and hope they are healthy. I had picked them to beat Hardin Co. early this year and was surprised when they didn't, but you never can tell with those close county rivalries. Logic would say Waverly out of 5/6, or Lewis Co., but Riverside keeps improving and don't count our RiverRats out. I'm sure Columbia A. will be tuned up for the playoffs too. Don't know about you but I'm ready for some playoffs! 

12 minutes ago, @38320 said:

I always enjoy this time of the year as "the second season" gets ready to begin. I'm beginning to like Adamsville out of 7A as they seem to be getting better as the season goes along. I don't know what their injury status is and hope they are healthy. I had picked them to beat Hardin Co. early this year and was surprised when they didn't, but you never can tell with those close county rivalries. Logic would say Waverly out of 5/6, or Lewis Co., but Riverside keeps improving and don't count our RiverRats out. I'm sure Columbia A. will be tuned up for the playoffs too. Don't know about you but I'm ready for some playoffs! 

I'm in no hurry for the playoffs because I like watching that R7 go at it. Playoff time comes I will be rolling to the Waverly games. Hopefully our region next year will be a bit more exciting.

20 hours ago, @38320 said:

Lewis Co. has evidently improved from our game, so I don't know about the CA/LC winner and Riverside...figure it's at least a toss-up. Riverside is a sound football team...they play defense and run pretty well, yet have balance enough on offense that you can't tee off on the run or pass. No weakness on defense either...not "great", but not easy to score on. I have to make Waverly a heavy favorite against anyone in 5/6, but after them the Panthers are right there. Just hope that the Hickman co. game was a "fluke"...homecoming and looking past someone can do that sometimes.