AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I cannot wait to see this Waverly team in person. Ask the Marion folks, if they are all that I will absolutely give credit where it is deserved.  

Ask the Trezevant posters (if you can find one) about Waverly...lots of trash talk last season about how they were going to blow them out. After the game nothing but respect from the Trez fans, and a long sigh of relief because they escaped (barely). I know that was last season, but Wavo is loaded again...defense may not be where they were last year, but the offense may be even better.

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Ask the Trezevant posters (if you can find one) about Waverly...lots of trash talk last season about how they were going to blow them out. After the game nothing but respect from the Trez fans, and a long sigh of relief because they escaped (barely). I know that was last season, but Wavo is loaded again...defense may not be where they were last year, but the offense may be even better.

Offense is way better than last year. 

16 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I cannot wait to see this Waverly team in person. Ask the Marion folks, if they are all that I will absolutely give credit where it is deserved.  

You will give them credit if you go over there in the 1st round.  The defense is solid enough, but the offense is unreal.  The passing game is off the charts, but if you drop back too much the running back will run right through you.

Waverly squeaked by a Richardson-less Trezvant last year. Let's be real. The Trez team that dominated Marion was NOT the team that Waverly was fortunate enough to face. 

I still give Waverly props. I also see that they have given up some points this year. Forrest will play extremely physical and held Columbia Academy, #2 in state, scoreless for much of the game, and that was almost 6 weeks ago. Forrest is growing and improving.  

I not once predicted Forrest to beat Waverly, and I won't now. I'm just saying for a #4 seed, if we are fortunate enough to get there,  it WILL NOT be a cakewalk. 

39 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly squeaked by a Richardson-less Trezvant last year. Let's be real. The Trez team that dominated Marion was NOT the team that Waverly was fortunate enough to face. 

I still give Waverly props. I also see that they have given up some points this year. Forrest will play extremely physical and held Columbia Academy, #2 in state, scoreless for much of the game, and that was almost 6 weeks ago. Forrest is growing and improving.  

I not once predicted Forrest to beat Waverly, and I won't now. I'm just saying for a #4 seed, if we are fortunate enough to get there,  it WILL NOT be a cakewalk. 

Marion would have got beat by Waverly so can't play that card. Richardson come in the game a couple of times and got popped then they took him out. Either way we got beat and that was last yr let's talk about this yr. Let the trash talk begin!!!!

Edited by vandyfan1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly lost to Trezvant last year but the kid that replaced Richardson in that game in my opinion ran the ball twice as hard as Richardson did and was a load to bring down. Waverly has faced some good defenses this year Huntington, Fairview, Riverside, and Scotts Hill is better than they are getting credit for. No one here will be overlooking Forrest or who ever we play in the play offs, we will bring the same intensity for whoever.

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I wonder what quality defenses Waverly has faced this year. 

Waverly is going to put up points. Your best defense is your offense. Grind out 3 or 4 yards a carry n keep their offense off the field is your best chance of winning. Their defense has improved but still is their weakest part of the team. They r undersized BUT they are fast n quick to the ball. It will take a near perfect game to beat them. I'm sure Forrest will play hard n doubt the Tigers will take them lightly. Good luck to both sides