AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

On 10/13/2017 at 0:12 PM, Super8Dad said:

TSSAA changed the rules for who has to travel a few years back because some people made a big stink about always having to go down to Memphis for games. So to simplify it for everyone,  in the first two rounds, whichever team is seeded higher gets to host period. For round three and the semis, during the odd years, the even region teams travel. During the even years, the odd region teams travel, regardless of record or seeding. So for example with us (Waverly) last year we had to travel because we were in region 5. So I was looking forward to not traveling this year, but with the realignment, we are now in region 6, so unless we met someone from our region in one of those games, we will be traveling again this year. :(

Yes that's exactly what I was saying. And I don't recognize your name you got a kid playing my son graduated last yr. #40

10 hours ago, @38320 said:

What bothers me about Region 7 is that they have so many good teams and all of them won't even get in the playoffs. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Region 8. It could be some great games - or not. 

Agreed, with the way playoffs went last year, I'm expecting another exciting post season in 2a! LC gained a slight bit more respect from me from this past week but I still believe CA is the region 5 team to beat. My predictions are a 2-2 split between the region's in 1st round and then region 6 taking round 2 with riverside edging out CA by less than a TD

Edited by rednecktiger31

Lewis Co.'s stock is up with me this week as well. They manhandled a tough 4A Obion Co. team. And CA might be better than I think. Hey, I'm not counting out Forrest yet either. They seem to always be knocking around in early November. What do you think about Reg. 6 after Waverly and Riverside? Any movement there? 

2 hours ago, @38320 said:

Lewis Co.'s stock is up with me this week as well. They manhandled a tough 4A Obion Co. team. And CA might be better than I think. Hey, I'm not counting out Forrest yet either. They seem to always be knocking around in early November. What do you think about Reg. 6 after Waverly and Riverside? Any movement there? 

Nothing that matters. Somewhere along the line it plays out where the top dogs advance...no scenario like last year where "my" Lions knocked out the #1 team in the poll, there's too much separation between the top teams and the "also ran's".

19 hours ago, cardfan said:

Region 7 is soft.  We cant beat anybody.  Lol

Not trying to burst your bubble but when i watched UC and the Ville go at it I wasn't impressed at all with UC and I think they are just a bit over rated and I think Waverly is a good 14-21 points better than the Ville. The Ville has a really good team so don't take that as a punch to the face it's jmo