New AP poll

Blaze45

6 hours ago, Pappy said:

they were the champs from last year.   there may be a few changes as in graduation, new players stepping up, or better competition.  i've never understood why teams get rated on last years performance.  they could very well win it all again this year but last years rank shouldn't automatically give them the top rung this year... IMHO

So you don't think that there a top 3 team?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/9/2017 at 4:52 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Do some research on Farragut, they lost last week to a 3-4 team, and barely beat 2 other mediocre teams the weeks prior.

Don't sleep on Farragut.  And don't sleep on DB.  DB is 4-3, not 3-4,  and had both Alcoa and Greenville beat and let them get away.  I would bet both will be state champs in their division this year.  Entire 6-A is solid in Regions 1 and 2.  When the smoke clears, the winners up here will be coming for you.  Just be patient....

31 minutes ago, johndeere said:

Don't sleep on Farragut.  And don't sleep on DB.  DB is 4-3, not 3-4,  and had both Alcoa and Greenville beat and let them get away.  I would bet both will be state champs in their division this year.  Entire 6-A is solid in Regions 1 and 2.  When the smoke clears, the winners up here will be coming for you.  Just be patient....

Man time will tell, but ill almost guarantee that Maryville is the last one standing from region 1/2 to play whoever from region 3/4. When is the last 6a team from the east who got past Maryville to play in the semis?

Edited by thegreatone36

37 minutes ago, johndeere said:

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether that means it's delusional or not. My take is Farragut was/ is way overrated and the proof is in their last 3 games. The only reason your pleading for people to believe in Farragut is because your team beat them and you want people to believe DB is a force to be reckoned with..... :D

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

23 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether that means it's delusional or not. My take is Farragut was/ is way overrated and the proof is in their last 3 games. The only reason your pleading for people to believe in Farragut is because your team beat them and you want people to believe DB is a force to be reckoned with..... :D

I've got a buddy from High School who has a son that plays for M.J. 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:32 PM, kwc said:

MJ has to come through the East side of the bracket because they play in Region 4 this year. They will more then likely have to beat Blackman, Oakland, and Maryville, in that order, to make it to the championship game. If this is there year, then that's what they will have to do this year to get there.

Maryville is going to be the ultimate challenge. If they do make it that far I will be watching that game!

16 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Curious from a non bias, non middle TN supporter... do you think we are overrated? What does your friend have to say about the team?

Y'all been putting up big numbers on offense and small numbers on defense. It's hard to tell how tough a team is when there isn't much crossover between districts. I don't think you all are overrated. My buddy wants to play the hometown team.

19 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Agreed