South Pittsburg vs Goodpasture (Grider against this Joslin man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, MrFootball1 said:

GP lost 6 really good seniors from last years team. 3 of those guys were all state. GP most definitely will not be bigger than you guys up front. GP’s size on both of the lines is what is killing them the most. SP’s FB is bigger than any lineman they have and GP is starting 2 Freshmen in the secondary. 

The film clips I found online say otherwise. The SP fullback is 6"2 220. He is bigger than the Pirate Linemen as well. SP starts 3 kids on the offensive line under 200 pounds.  I saw several Goodpasture Linemen bigger than him. I also see a huge Goodpasture RB listed. He looks very big as well. I would say Goodpasture is bigger overall than this Pirate team. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

The film clips I found online say otherwise. The SP fullback is 6"2 220. I saw several Goodpasture Linemen bigger than him. 

The games I watch every Friday night say otherwise. They don’t have any 6”2 lineman. Their best lineman hasn’t played a snap this season due to pre season shoulder surgery. 

1 minute ago, MrFootball1 said:

The games I watch every Friday night say otherwise. They don’t have any 6”2 lineman. Their best lineman hasn’t played a snap this season due to pre season shoulder surgery. 

You must not have seen us. Were pretty much the smallest team on the field every week. Lipscomb was bigger than us too. 

You must not have seen us. Were pretty much the smallest team on the field every week. Lipscomb was bigger than us too. 

I’ve seen 4 games that SP has played, and the FB is bigger than any of GP line. I never said you guys had a giant line or anything.

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

The small ones are the ones you have to watch out for! I know a 5’9 running back who managed over a 1,000 yards in a season and was only 155 at his best! 

Pirates will handle their own tonight!

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

Just got invited over from the DII AA thread. Had no idea was going down with this much passion from the pirate fans . I love it. My two cents is GCS Would have never be Lipscomb had their quarterback and running back not gotten hurt. Also there was an exceptional play by the freshman cornerback #6. A individual effort hustle play where he never gave up on a play and punch the ball out the back of the Endzone at the goal line when Lipscomb’s star running back slow down on 70 Yard scamper.  On another note GP offense of line is the only return unit from last season. They also graduated nine starters on defense. IMO It does not matter who’s line is bigger. I’m going to go with who has an identity and who does what they do well. And I’m here to tell you that every time the ball snapped in Madison there is a jailbreak. Not very familiar with South Pittsburgh but from what I’ve seen they do give miss direction on the run game which helps out there Lineman. On another point I’m so sick and tired of hearing is how Goodpasture has a new kid coming back and eligible for the first time. IMO the only one that’s even made a difference is the senior #23. In addition to that the kid that so-called best lineman hasn’t even played a game. So stop with that!!! GCS Qb #13 is so gun shy in the pocket I think he’s regressed.  With all that being said if GP can stick to the run and just take shots here and there limiting their turnovers which have cost them in every game they played. Stopping SP run is thief only chance. Which I do not think they can do. Both GP corners only about 5 foot 7 125lb. Best of luck!

29 minutes ago, Gville said:

Just got invited over from the DII AA thread. Had no idea was going down with this much passion from the pirate fans . I love it. My two cents is GCS Would have never be Lipscomb had their quarterback and running back not gotten hurt. Also there was an exceptional play by the freshman cornerback #6. A individual effort hustle play where he never gave up on a play and punch the ball out the back of the Endzone at the goal line when Lipscomb’s star running back slow down on 70 Yard scamper.  On another note GP offense of line is the only return unit from last season. They also graduated nine starters on defense. IMO It does not matter who’s line is bigger. I’m going to go with who has an identity and who does what they do well. And I’m here to tell you that every time the ball snapped in Madison there is a jailbreak. Not very familiar with South Pittsburgh but from what I’ve seen they do give miss direction on the run game which helps out there Lineman. On another point I’m so sick and tired of hearing is how Goodpasture has a new kid coming back and eligible for the first time. IMO the only one that’s even made a difference is the senior #23. In addition to that the kid that so-called best lineman hasn’t even played a game. So stop with that!!! GCS Qb #13 is so gun shy in the pocket I think he’s regressed.  With all that being said if GP can stick to the run and just take shots here and there limiting their turnovers which have cost them in every game they played. Stopping SP run is thief only chance. Which I do not think they can do. Both GP corners only about 5 foot 7 125lb. Best of luck!

Welcome to D1. LMBO

35 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

The small ones are the ones you have to watch out for! I know a 5’9 running back who managed over a 1,000 yards in a season and was only 155 at his best! 

Pirates will handle their own tonight!

That one was a stud! I believe SP would have won it all in 2008 with him on the team. He was that good overall.