#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

This is the thing. I've been against Lewis Co. coach in three different situations: Stewart Co. in the late 90s. When Camden was at their heyday (2003 -10), I was was there. Coach Sharp was hard to beat. Now I'm a Riverside fan, and Coach Sharp is still hard to beat. I think he has done a lot for high school football in this region and I hate to see him unappreciated and maligned. Anybody who doesn't think he is a good coach, doesn't know anything about football.  Period. 

45 minutes ago, TRamrod38 said:

I can tell you I have never shook his hand ever, why would I, he hasn't won any state hardware and never will. Success is State Championships which he does not have. Look at Creasy he's had success in the short time he's been coaching.

He and Creasy run the same offense and throw the ball within 3 times a game the same amount. we had had some great QBs (Duncan, C. Brewer etc) and when we did we threw the ball. Then we had great runners who was only adequate passer (Holt, Crowell, B. Barnes) so we let them run. If you paid attention to the offense instead of looking for a reason to bash Coach you would have seen that we threw a lot the past couple of years without much TEAM success. 

17 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

This it's only one person bashing Coach Sharp and he did the same thing after we went to to semis. It is personal and has nothing to do with football. He's the same guy that yells out individual names at basketball games criticizing players (and coaches). Everybody over looks him.

I have maxed out on listening to the bashing. I have followed all sports at Lewis County for longer than Coach Sharp has been there, and I have done so in many different roles. I have been on both sides of the fence, so to say, and I can say that when I tell someone I "bleed black and gold" or "once a Panther always a Panther" I for one mean it. It is sad that there are some so bitter or jealous or whatever that they cannot look at the overall body of work and see the impact.

Guy does have a valid point about the passing game. It is a must have to make it into and past the third round. It's not difficult when you are playing against lessor teams year in and year out. That's how you have all of those winning records but get knocked out of the playoffs in the early rounds.

Seems LC is content with 8-3, 9-2/3, and 10-1/2 records. I don't have a problem with it. Just have to deal with being overrated.

10 hours ago, TheStuff said:

I have maxed out on listening to the bashing. I have followed all sports at Lewis County for longer than Coach Sharp has been there, and I have done so in many different roles. I have been on both sides of the fence, so to say, and I can say that when I tell someone I "bleed black and gold" or "once a Panther always a Panther" I for one mean it. It is sad that there are some so bitter or jealous or whatever that they cannot look at the overall body of work and see the impact.

"Once a Panther, always a Panther" is a motto I have followed all my life.  It has been almost 50 years  that I was on the field.  There is no one in the area that has had such a tradition.  We may have had some down years, but not for long.  All the schools in our area measure success on whether or not they can beat LC.  The Sharp tradition is over 50 years old and they have been part of the football program longer than most of you have been alive.  I played with 2 of them and was close friends with 3 of them.  They bleed Panther football.

15 hours ago, Lacesout said:

anyone can coach from the stands

that is so true its not even funny. coaches have a zillion things going thru their minds. they are in the thick of the emotion and are trying to decide 100 things at once for 4 hours. few on here could handle the mental calisthenics, or even come close. LC, CA, both good programs. both teams cannot win. 

i also agree with whoever said a lot of teams would be grateful to have LC's track record. 

1 hour ago, panvik said:

"Once a Panther, always a Panther" is a motto I have followed all my life.  It has been almost 50 years  that I was on the field.  There is no one in the area that has had such a tradition.  We may have had some down years, but not for long.  All the schools in our area measure success on whether or not they can beat LC.  The Sharp tradition is over 50 years old and they have been part of the football program longer than most of you have been alive.  I played with 2 of them and was close friends with 3 of them.  They bleed Panther football.

Well said