#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

8 hours ago, panvik said:

Excellent.  This guy knows football and what he is talking about.  You can not understand unless you have coached. 

Nah...you don't have to be a coach to appreciate a great one, but it helps not to be closed minded and have an agenda to offend anyone from Lewis County. I suspect that he knows what he is preaching is hogwash as well as everyone else does, but he doesn't have to answer for being ridiculous because his identity is hidden. He will soon enough fade away like all the other trolls have.

20 minutes ago, TRamrod38 said:

Why in the world would he, a gold ball winner call and ask  a coach that never has won a Gold Ball anything about answers on offense . Now that's very funny

Cmon dude give it up. No matter how u present it your negativity makes you sound like a young idiot w a different agenda behind your comments 

Have buddies at the T$$AA to put you in weak conferences with weak opponents and you get put out during the early rounds of the playoffs.

Guy is correct about the forward pass. Had a LC parent tell me years ago the reason LC can't advance in the playoff is because they can't throw the ball. There is some truth to that. Fifty five years ago every body ran the same thing and nobody was passing. That was 55 years ago.

8 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Have buddies at the T$$AA to put you in weak conferences with weak opponents and you get put out during the early rounds of the playoffs.

Guy is correct about the forward pass. Had a LC parent tell me years ago the reason LC can't advance in the playoff is because they can't throw the ball. There is some truth to that. Fifty five years ago every body ran the same thing and nobody was passing. That was 55 years ago.

at the low levels (or probably any level really - but magnified at lower levels), if you are THAT much better than everyone else, it doesn't matter what they plays being called are.  Run, pass doesn't matter.  What's more important is flexibility.  If you are inflexible, you are not a good coach, fact.  A coaches job is to take whatever he is given, and get the best out of them.  

****I am not speaking of anyone in particular here, not LC coach or anyone, for all I know he has no one that can throw the ball, so he is putting them in the best position to win.  

9 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Allow me to explain to the lay person about throwing the football.........in High School.  It is much easier to defend the pass in High School because you essentially have 4 players to defend 4 kids during a pass situation.  Most of the time you also have 2-3 other defensive players to drop in zones to defend the pass.  That means it may be 7-8 defenders for the QB to throw into coverages .  It is much tougher to defend formations, shifts, motions and unbalanced formations.  Having played him for years, most of his WingT plays end up cutting the field in half and having up to 8 blockers outnumbering 4-5 defenders on any given play.  Maybe.........just maybe Coach Sharpe has figured out this football thing and realized what most of us coaches have not, or refuse to accept................simplify the game and give our kids the best chance to win.  A great example I can give you against LC...............One year, we were simply better than LC and had better players.  We got up big in the 1st half and it forced LC to throw the ball to try to get back into the game.  We had 3 picks and 2 went back for scores.  We had a 1,800 yard passer that year.  Not sure what happened, but I decided to RUN the ball that game and it worked out for us.  Even with a very effective passing game, I knew the key to winning the game was to run the ball.  Good luck to LC and Coach Sharp.

9 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Again, It shows how little you know Pizza boy.  50 years ago, LC had the number one passer in the state and he went to Vanderbilt on scholarship.

11 hours ago, TRamrod38 said:

Why in the world would he, a gold ball winner call and ask  a coach that never has won a Gold Ball anything about answers on offense . Now that's very funny

Oh now I got it, no gold ball=bad coaching. Kevin Ward, Bryant Hollingsworth, Mac MuCurry, Wade Comer, Brandon Gray and on and on........... all bad coaches. Makes perfect since now.

37 minutes ago, TRamrod38 said:

Yes you got it, when he has been coaching the same school for 30 years and has not won a gold ball yes that = Bad Coaching

So...................you have to win a state championship to be considered a great coach?  Benny Hammonds from Gatlinburg Pittman has an overall record of 340-154-1 and is in the TSSAA Hall of Fame for being a great coach.  He has not won a State Title, but is considered by all a great coach.  BTW..........Coach Bobby Sharp is a 2017 inductee into the TSSAA Hall of Fame, while still being active.  I'd say that garners worthiness as a great coach.