Class 1A Poll 10/16/2017

pegleg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Top 3 teams in the state are Huntingdon, then a big gap before Greenback, and Coalfield. Then another gap before SP, Dresden, Whitwell, Lake County 

Huntingdon is a firm #1...after them, I suspect that the next four teams are from the east. The gap between Huntingdon and the rest of the west is a canyon. I wouldn't be surprised if South Pittsburg comes to Cookeville to face the Mustangs when it's settled on the field.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Huntingdon is a firm #1...after them, I suspect that the next four teams are from the east. The gap between Huntingdon and the rest of the west is a canyon. I wouldn't be surprised if South Pittsburg comes to Cookeville to face the Mustangs when it's settled on the field.

Trader I usually agree with you alot. You are level headed. Dresden and Lake County would give any team in the east all they want. Huntingdon is by far and away the best team in 1A. What are you basing your assessment of the east being stronger than the west? I have seen both Greenback and Coalfield and they were no better than the rest of the west. Lake County will travel to TCA in a few weeks. I am very interested in seeing where the young falcons stand. I think 1a football as a whole is down this year. 

23 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Trader I usually agree with you alot. You are level headed. Dresden and Lake County would give any team in the east all they want. Huntingdon is by far and away the best team in 1A. What are you basing your assessment of the east being stronger than the west? I have seen both Greenback and Coalfield and they were no better than the rest of the west. Lake County will travel to TCA in a few weeks. I am very interested in seeing where the young falcons stand. I think 1a football as a whole is down this year. 

I haven't seen any of the eastern teams, but Scotts Hill scrimmaged Huntingdon and played Dresden. Dresden is a pretty good team, but not nearly on Huntingdon's level. According to most of the posters, and comparing scores of those four 1A teams from the east, they are pretty close top to bottom...if they aren't better than Lake Co., Dresden, Wayne Co. ect... might just as well cancel the games and ship Huntingdon the gold ball. I don't bad mouth teams, and there are some good ones around (including LC and Dresden) but the truth is what it is...nobody from the west can hang with the Mustangs...they are probably top four or five in all classifications on the western side of the state this year.

Well. At the end of the last season I started saying 2017 would be much closer in terms of East-West. And again this year I'm not so sure that's the case. I came in thinking Coalfield was the obvious winner out east and Huntingdon here in the west. With an absolute battle in Cookeville and Huntingdon pulling away by 10-14points. That is not the case. The east is tough and there's 3 teams that can win it. But Huntingdon will roll through the West and finish it all at Tech with a running clock. If you're taking this as disrespect it's truly not my intention but nobody in 1A is stopping theseexcuse the put Horses. Especially when you add a talent like 7 to huntingdon.  Good luck you guys. 

Happy for Huntingdon this is their 2nd best team ever. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Well. At the end of the last season I started saying 2017 would be much closer in terms of East-West. And again this year I'm not so sure that's the case. I came in thinking Coalfield was the obvious winner out east and Huntingdon here in the west. With an absolute battle in Cookeville and Huntingdon pulling away by 10-14points. That is not the case. The east is tough and there's 3 teams that can win it. But Huntingdon will roll through the West and finish it all at Tech with a running clock. If you're taking this as disrespect it's truly not my intention but nobody in 1A is stopping theseexcuse the put Horses. Especially when you add a talent like 7 to huntingdon.  Good luck you guys. 

Happy for Huntingdon this is their 2nd best team ever. 

Everyone is playing for second. Huntingdon has taken over what Union City was doing to 1A. They are a BIG 1A school with a lot of talent and resources. We all appear to be in trouble in the foreseeable future. 

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Everyone is playing for second. Huntingdon has taken over what Union City was doing to 1A. They are a BIG 1A school with a lot of talent and resources. We all appear to be in trouble in the foreseeable future. 

Huntingdons really not that big of a school. They only have 330 students.

25 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Eh they're about the size of Wayne Co  Dresden and West Carroll in terms of enrollment.  At least the last numbers I saw. Huntingdon is unlike most when it comes to tradition and community support.  I think theyll have a great next few years but there should be a dropoff next year. This isn't a huge senior class their losing but some of the players are irreplaceable namely 44 and 3. Can anyone tell me who they think will be qb next yr. Right now I still say Lake Co will be the class of the West next yr. But Huntingdon should really enjoy this season they deserve it and Swenson does too. It's actually been extra impressive what they're doing considering the offense line isn't particularly dominant.  That's usually a staple of Mustang football. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

Stats from unapproved max. Prep website.com Top 50 by team for the state. Number is the where they are ranked

Passing.

#43-fayetteville

Rushing.

#5-cornersville

#6-huntingdon

#18- Mt. Pleasant

#20-whitwell

#29-moore county

#41-south Pittsburg

#48- Collinwood

Scoring.

#12- Huntingdon

#22-greenback

#36-cornersville

#42-mt. Pleasant

#46-whitwell

I got it from unapproved website. Don't know how accurate.

Edited by Whooo
Could post website