Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville for Region Title

steelcityroller

Ok let's not make this solely about MJ and our weak schedule. Hendersonville is picking up steam and it surely is making MJ faithful nervous. They have a potent offense, and they seem to be stingy on defense at times. offensively is where MJ has to capitalize, our defense has been great but yet to be truly tested. MJ has one of the best rushers in the misstate in Aidan Raines, Our QB Cody Glass is a 70% completion passer, multiple weapons at wideout, and plenty of strong runners backing up Raines. Defensively MJ has a swarm to the ball mentality, solid coverage from the Dbs, strong, big Dline. I'm not sure what Hville has to offer from a position standpoint.  I would probably give the edge to MJ here in a closer than I'd like type of ballgame.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

lol you're a joke. So Hillsboro a team that lost to Gallatin 16-14, and we beat Gallatin 37-0... is better than us? Beech is not better I'll put it to you like this, we didn't struggle to beat Wilson Central, and we sure wouldn't struggle to beat a weaker than normal Henry County, Beech is lucky to be in 5a where they are the best team next to no one which isn't saying much... also Mj beats Riverdale, Beech, Hillsboro, and probably MBA.

First, what did the jamboree with Beech look like? Hillsboro is a solid team right now that has enough athletes to shock you. I'm hard pressed to believe Gallatin would beat them right now.  No way MJ beat Blackman with Teague. Don't Think they beat Cookeville, Riverdale, MBA. Not sure about Cane Ridge or even Pearl Cohn. Certainly not BA or Oakland  

You need to go on somewhere with that best in Middle TN. They've beat no one. 

2 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Yes they are very good.  But you've seen them twice and think they are the best team in middle Tennessee?  Id say Oakland, Blackman, Cookeville , Cane Ridge and Beech might not agree with you.  They may very well end up being the best public team from middle TN but not sure you have seen enough to make that statement.

I guess like everyone else, we'll just have to wait and see. Part of why H.S. football gets exciting around this time of year.

1 hour ago, eers said:

First, what did the jamboree with Beech look like? Hillsboro is a solid team right now that has enough athletes to shock you. I'm hard pressed to believe Gallatin would beat them right now.  No way MJ beat Blackman with Teague. Don't Think they beat Cookeville, Riverdale, MBA. Not sure about Cane Ridge or even Pearl Cohn. Certainly not BA or Oakland  

You need to go on somewhere with that best in Middle TN. They've beat no one. 

You are an idiot.

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol so many haters, it's obvious we have a weak schedule but you know what's even more obvious?! We are a really good team! Whether it pains you to admit that or not!

The way I see it, Mt Juliet has a great team that has played a weak schedule.  They have had zero letdowns and taken care of business every week which did include dominating several quality opponents. When you only give up 23 points in 6A football...you have had a really special 9 game run.  Only giving up 23 points means they have quality depth and not much drop off when the second team comes in.  That will be huge for their playoff run.  We don't need to wait until week 3 or even week 1 of the playoffs.   After reviewing film of a few of Mt Juliet's games I can tell you right now that they are a very good football team with with a great chance of bringing home the gold ball.

I’ve kinda sat back and watched what people have said but now I’m getting a little irked. I’ve got nothing but respect for what MJ has done as far as points allowed. MJ is a good team...don’t get me wrong... but they don’t beat BA, MBA, Oakland, Blackman. They could beat, key word “could”...Riverdale, Cookeville, Beech, Ensworth, CPA, Brentwood... there’s a few others too that would give MJ all they could handle. My point being, there are easily 5 teams in Middle TN who could and would beat MJ... and probably 8 or 9 others who would be right there giving them all they can handle. Good, yes. Best in Middle TN? Not even close. They don’t have the wins or the SOS to back that up. Funny thing is, and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say this, Region 3 could, and has a good chance of sweeping the first round against region 4. MJ is R4’s best shot, but even if they beat the #4, I don’t know if they beat the #2 from region 4. You’re not gonna tell me they would be 2nd best in that region. Because they wouldn’t. They would have atleast 2 losses in that region. Easily. Best in Middle TN my arse

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

I’ve kinda sat back and watched what people have said but now I’m getting a little irked. I’ve got nothing but respect for what MJ has done as far as points allowed. MJ is a good team...don’t get me wrong... but they don’t beat BA, MBA, Oakland, Blackman. They could beat, key word “could”...Riverdale, Cookeville, Beech, Ensworth, CPA, Brentwood... there’s a few others too that would give MJ all they could handle. My point being, there are easily 5 teams in Middle TN who could and would beat MJ... and probably 8 or 9 others who would be right there giving them all they can handle. Good, yes. Best in Middle TN? Not even close. They don’t have the wins or the SOS to back that up. Funny thing is, and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say this, Region 3 could, and has a good chance of sweeping the first round against region 4. MJ is R4’s best shot, but even if they beat the #4, I don’t know if they beat the #2 from region 4. You’re not gonna tell me they would be 2nd best in that region. Because they wouldn’t. They would have atleast 2 losses in that region. Easily. Best in Middle TN my arse

Id take Mt Juliet over Blackman (Now that Teague is out) Cookeville and Riverdale and think it would be a heckuva game against Oakland.  Guess we will see soon enough.

1 minute ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Id take Mt Juliet over Blackman (Now that Teague is out) Cookeville and Riverdale and think it would be a heckuva game against Oakland.  Guess we will see soon enough.

I probably would over Cookeville. Riverdale would be a toss up. Don’t think they beat Blackman. Even without Teague. And Oakland wins by 2 scores. Atleast 2

Just now, Bump11 said:

I probably would over Cookeville. Riverdale would be a toss up. Don’t think they beat Blackman. Even without Teague. And Oakland wins by 2 scores. Atleast 2

Blackman has some definite holes on defense.  Mt Juliet has two crazy good corners and stud linebackers and an agressive dline.  Makes a huge difference when you dont have to sell out to stop Teauge.  I realize that everyone sees Mt Juliet as having played a weak schedule.  Our region was not great this year and they scheduled some really weak out of region games.  But that D is for real.  I think it will by far be the best D HHS has played since they scrimmaged Oakland.

Dont get me wrong, I think Blackman still has a great chance to make some real noise in playoffs.  If a #1 Mt Juliet or a #1 HHS gets Blackman in the first round....that would be a BRUTAL draw for a 1 seed.