8-AAA

OldEagleEye

5 hours ago, FCWATCHDOG1 said:

I have been silent to long what is going on with FCHS girls team?

I’m curious too. Those girls have been together for a while and this was the year I expected all that youth to mature and take the next step. The season is still early. I’m not writing them off just yet but the start is surprising. 

What would be the next step? They have been to region the past few years so i guess the next step would be win a region game. No way this team can beat one of the Boro teams. They have 1 good player and she has no help, it will be a few years before they have any chance to be good, right now they are not even competitive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

What would be the next step? They have been to region the past few years so i guess the next step would be win a region game. No way this team can beat one of the Boro teams. They have 1 good player and she has no help, it will be a few years before they have any chance to be good, right now they are not even competitive.

I agree 1 good player and from what I seen and read she is not playing her much.  She has put a lot of faith in untested players and so far it is not working in her favor. Good player should be on the court at all times.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

we are not winning a region game and we might not win a district game. we got beat by 40 to CC and 20 by tully and they both put in reserves freely throughout games

On 12/15/2019 at 5:43 PM, Goatsentme said:

No team they have played has been exceptional... in fact dare i say with a good coach and good structure those games were winnable. If we are talking about FC.

You are delusional if you believe a different coach would have made a difference against Tullahoma or Cc. Those teams are vastly more talented than FC is this year. They don’t have much choice but to play young girls. Three of the juniors they have playing(1 starter) didn’t play as sophomores. One of the first girls off the bench and may have started a game or two wasn’t even a consistent contributor on JV the last two years. I think as a coach you have to let some of these young girls play if you want to have any shot at getting better the next few years. They seem like a great group of girls, but they have some work to do to compete this year. Coach Gilliam isn’t going to give up in a game, but she does seem to be interested in getting some young players some minutes in hopes to be better in the future. FC could certainly have benefited from the two girls who were at FC as freshmen and left for Huntland after not enjoying playing for the Heltons. If you are a true Fan and Supporter of Franklin County Athletics, then be just that. 

48 minutes ago, FCDad said:

You are delusional if you believe a different coach would have made a difference against Tullahoma or Cc. Those teams are vastly more talented than FC is this year. They don’t have much choice but to play young girls. Three of the juniors they have playing(1 starter) didn’t play as sophomores. One of the first girls off the bench and may have started a game or two wasn’t even a consistent contributor on JV the last two years. I think as a coach you have to let some of these young girls play if you want to have any shot at getting better the next few years. They seem like a great group of girls, but they have some work to do to compete this year. Coach Gilliam isn’t going to give up in a game, but she does seem to be interested in getting some young players some minutes in hopes to be better in the future. FC could certainly have benefited from the two girls who were at FC as freshmen and left for Huntland after not enjoying playing for the Heltons. If you are a true Fan and Supporter of Franklin County Athletics, then be just that. 

CC game and tully game along with stone memorial and some others are not winnable regardless of coach.  Coach G will be fine and is building but hard to watch these girls this year

5 hours ago, FCDad said:

I don’t know what games you have been watching but coach Gilliam has given up early every game lol. We had a glimpse of what next year’s team will look like on Saturday night when they played Marshall County when Holman got to the game a few mins late and she had to start someone else and they didn’t even score a single point in the 1st quarter. 

1 hour ago, oldrebeletteeye said:

I don’t know what games you have been watching but coach Gilliam has given up early every game lol. We had a glimpse of what next year’s team will look like on Saturday night when they played Marshall County when Holman got to the game a few mins late and she had to start someone else and they didn’t even score a single point in the 1st quarter. 

I am curious as what you feel like constitutes, "giving up?" Making substitutions? Trying to find SOMEONE willing to step up and make something happen?  I have been to several games, and I do believe she is doing her best with what she has on the team. I'm not sure what games YOU have watched that you believe you could come up with some magical combination of players available on the team to beat or even run with CC(potential run to state) THS(very likely to go deep into playoffs) or SM(probably the best all around team FC has faced). If you have these answers, then why not offer what you think that is? Negativity towards a coach and a team does nothing positive for any program. Be supportive or step off.

40 minutes ago, FCDad said:

I am curious as what you feel like constitutes, "giving up?" Making substitutions? Trying to find SOMEONE willing to step up and make something happen?  I have been to several games, and I do believe she is doing her best with what she has on the team. I'm not sure what games YOU have watched that you believe you could come up with some magical combination of players available on the team to beat or even run with CC(potential run to state) THS(very likely to go deep into playoffs) or SM(probably the best all around team FC has faced). If you have these answers, then why not offer what you think that is? Negativity towards a coach and a team does nothing positive for any program. Be supportive or step off.

I am a former basketball player. The coach I played for would’ve never took out the starters and put some young kids out there, he would’ve kept on fighting especially if the other team had their starters still out there. I know when a coach is giving up bc when you take out all of your starters out and put your younger players out there against teams who still have their varsity players that is considered giving up in everyone’s eyes especially when your young kids are barely winning JV games if they have won any. I can tell you don’t know much about basketball bc CC which you said would be a potential at state would have to play teams like White county which they have already lost to twice this season. THS only beat FC by like 16 pts so I don’t see how they will be making it that far in playlists. I am supportive of the team but of the coach’s choices, I will not be supportive of when they aren’t good choices and you can say what you want but her choices have not been good so far this season and a lot of people know it. And you are talking about how they would’ve benefited from the 2 who went to Huntland, what are Stevens and Edwards doing exactly at Huntland bc I haven’t heard anything about them?? 

Edited by oldrebeletteeye

3 minutes ago, oldrebeletteeye said:

I am a former basketball player. The coach I played for would’ve never took out the starters and put some young kids out there, he would’ve kept on fighting especially if the other team had their starters still out there. I know when a coach is giving up bc when you take out all of your starters out and put your younger players out there against teams who still have their varsity players that is considered giving up in everyone’s eyes especially when your young kids are barely winning JV games if they have won any. I can tell you don’t know much about basketball bc CC which you said would be a potential at state would have to play teams like White county which they have already lost to twice this season. THS only beat FC by like 16 pts so I don’t see how they will be making it that far in playlists. I am supportive of the team but of the coach’s choices, I will not be supportive of when they aren’t good choices and you can say what you want but her choices have not been good so far this season and a lot of people know it. 

A lot of people have their opinions, but once again, most are only critical of the coach instead of being supportive. This lady is 6 games into her first year. Everyone wants to complain about coaches coming and going, and want to blame everyone except know it all fans/parents who begin talking bad about a coach 5 games in! Who WOULD want to coach in that environment? Perhaps someone who cares about trying to build a program of character and discipline despite being surrounded by constant negativity like you are bringing here. If starters are not doing the job they need to be doing, why leave them out there instead of going to the bench? If you feel like that's giving up, that's a parents mindset, not a coaches. And if you and "a lot" of people KNOW that this coach is making so many bad decisions this soon into her coaching career at FC, more than likely you and this bunch never wanted to give her a fair chance in the first place. Pathetic..

CC lost to White County twice by a total of 3 points by the way. I'd still consider that match up a pretty tight one. 

20 minutes ago, FCDad said:

A lot of people have their opinions, but once again, most are only critical of the coach instead of being supportive. This lady is 6 games into her first year. Everyone wants to complain about coaches coming and going, and want to blame everyone except know it all fans/parents who begin talking bad about a coach 5 games in! Who WOULD want to coach in that environment? Perhaps someone who cares about trying to build a program of character and discipline despite being surrounded by constant negativity like you are bringing here. If starters are not doing the job they need to be doing, why leave them out there instead of going to the bench? If you feel like that's giving up, that's a parents mindset, not a coaches. And if you and "a lot" of people KNOW that this coach is making so many bad decisions this soon into her coaching career at FC, more than likely you and this bunch never wanted to give her a fair chance in the first place. Pathetic..

CC lost to White County twice by a total of 3 points by the way. I'd still consider that match up a pretty tight one. 

What discipline are you talking about?? Bc I see none lol you can who is upset after the games and who isn’t bc I watched as the players were shaking people’s hands in the stands and the only kid that was upset was the Holman kid, she was actually crying after the game and you have kids coming out of the locker laughing and smiling like there is something to laugh and smile about, y’all got embarrassed lmao. So what discipline are YOU really talking about?? If her choices were that good, they wouldn’t be 1-8 and that’s all I am gonna say. The younger kids don’t start looking good in til the other team puts their younger kids in. And her choices clearly aren’t good bc you kept 2 seniors on the team who haven’t played since their freshmen year of high school lol. 

Edited by oldrebeletteeye

1 minute ago, oldrebeletteeye said:

What discipline are you talking about?? Bc I see none lol you can who is upset after the games and who isn’t bc I watched as the players were shaking people’s hands in the stands and the only kid that was upset was the Holman kid, she was actually crying after the game and you have kids coming out of the locker laughing and smiling like there is something to laugh and smile about, y’all got embarrassed lmao. So what discipline are YOU really talking about?? If her choices were that good, they wouldn’t be 1-8 and that’s all I am gonna say.

The discipline IM TALKING ABOUT is not having girls on the court cursing, yelling at adults in the stands, and throwing temper tantrums like there had been the last several years. So in that regard, in my opinion, there has been tremendous growth in the discipline of this team. And I will say it again, you are DELUSIONAL if you think a different coach, with the same group would have won many more games if any. These girls are playing hard, and the LEAST helpful thing for them, is lack of support from people in the stands. They are frustrated, and it shows. Going home and hearing people talking down about the team, that are not putting in the time and work this coach and these girls are, is NOT helping. You are part of the problem. You cant honestly be saying the things you have, and think you are in any way helping a program you say you care about.