8-AAA

OldEagleEye

1 hour ago, FCDad said:

The discipline IM TALKING ABOUT is not having girls on the court cursing, yelling at adults in the stands, and throwing temper tantrums like there had been the last several years. So in that regard, in my opinion, there has been tremendous growth in the discipline of this team. And I will say it again, you are DELUSIONAL if you think a different coach, with the same group would have won many more games if any. These girls are playing hard, and the LEAST helpful thing for them, is lack of support from people in the stands. They are frustrated, and it shows. Going home and hearing people talking down about the team, that are not putting in the time and work this coach and these girls are, is NOT helping. You are part of the problem. You cant honestly be saying the things you have, and think you are in any way helping a program you say you care about.

Well that’s funny bc when I played for FC none us were yelling at adults in the stands?? No the problem is kids with no dedication and parents with no basketball IQ. You can tell what kids are dedicated and which ones aren’t bc they come laughing and smiling out of the locker after getting embarrassed and same with the parents, you can tell which ones have basketball IQ and which ones don’t. There is only one kid frustrated after all these games that I can tell but if you consider smiling and laughing being frustrated then you are clearly right and I am wrong lol. So goodbye I am done talking to you. 

6 hours ago, oldrebeletteeye said:

Well that’s funny bc when I played for FC none us were yelling at adults in the stands?? No the problem is kids with no dedication and parents with no basketball IQ. You can tell what kids are dedicated and which ones aren’t bc they come laughing and smiling out of the locker after getting embarrassed and same with the parents, you can tell which ones have basketball IQ and which ones don’t. There is only one kid frustrated after all these games that I can tell but if you consider smiling and laughing being frustrated then you are clearly right and I am wrong lol. So goodbye I am done talking to you. 

Ah...so now you’ve shifted some of the responsibility from the coaches to the players now. You’ve got it all figured out. Just throw blame around blindly without offering any kind of solutions. Be done talking period, best thing you could do. 

20 hours ago, FCDad said:

You are delusional if you believe a different coach would have made a difference against Tullahoma or Cc. Those teams are vastly more talented than FC is this year. They don’t have much choice but to play young girls. Three of the juniors they have playing(1 starter) didn’t play as sophomores. One of the first girls off the bench and may have started a game or two wasn’t even a consistent contributor on JV the last two years. I think as a coach you have to let some of these young girls play if you want to have any shot at getting better the next few years. They seem like a great group of girls, but they have some work to do to compete this year. Coach Gilliam isn’t going to give up in a game, but she does seem to be interested in getting some young players some minutes in hopes to be better in the future. FC could certainly have benefited from the two girls who were at FC as freshmen and left for Huntland after not enjoying playing for the Heltons. If you are a true Fan and Supporter of Franklin County Athletics, then be just that. 

Now I don't know how long you have been a FCDad, but the 3 juniors you speak about the one didn't play last year; however as a Freshman she played a lot as she was Holman replacement.  2nd played a lot last year and started a few game to replace a senior who was being disciplined and also when this same senior got hurt  near the end of the season.  The last one played 2 years of JV and dressed with varsity some and got a little playing time last year. 1st FC let the Heltons stay to long.  2nd Coach Gilliam was hired in May.  She did not take the girls to any team camps in the summer nor did she choose to do any good play days. That is on her.  They should have had some time on the court before the season to work out the kinks and get some of the younger players court time.  Season is not the time to do this. That is what off season is for.  You are putting these girls on the court with seasoned players like Capps, Holman, Duncan, and Vinson all of whom played with travel teams.  They have played together  on teams and against each other on teams that have played across the country.   They have played with/against  some of the best talent in the country.  And you are asking girls that do nothing with a basketball (not counting little local  tournaments) in the off season to go on a court and play with and against these players.  Not going to measure up and Coach Gilliam is going to have to build from the ground up if the program is going to get back to glory.  My hope is that after a bad start that they finish strong.

Edited by FCWATCHDOG1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FCWATCHDOG1 said:

Now I don't know how long you have been a FCDad, but the 3 juniors you speak about the one didn't play last year; however as a Freshman she played a lot as she was Holman replacement.  2nd played a lot last year and started a few game to replace a senior who was being disciplined and also when this same senior got hurt  near the end of the season.  The last one played 2 years of JV and dressed with varsity some and got a little playing time last year. 1st FC let the Heltons stay to long.  2nd Coach Gilliam was hired in May.  She did not take the girls to any team camps in the summer nor did she choose to do any good play days. That is on her.  They should have had some time on the court before the season to work out the kinks and get some of the younger players court time.  Season is not the time to do this. That is what off season is for.  You are putting these girls on the court with seasoned players like Capps, Holman, Duncan, and Vinson all of whom played with travel teams.  They have played together  on teams and against each other on teams that have played across the country.   They have played with/against  some of the best talent in the country.  And you are asking girls that do nothing with a basketball (not counting little local  tournaments) in the off season to go on a court and play with and against these players.  Not going to measure up and Coach Gilliam is going to have to build from the ground up if the program is going to get back to glory.  My hope is that after a bad start that they finish strong.

I 100% agree with you on everything you just said and they did let the Heltons stay too long.