8-AAA

OldEagleEye

The addition of the assistants and their kids has helped and they have contributed. However, those additions have not been what’s enabled JPC to sustain his success at CC. Having Vinson goes without saying, but seniors Jenna Garretson and Ellie Graham have really stepped forward to fill in the void left by the departing seniors from a year ago. Jenna was HUGE in both games this past weekend. I’m not sure CC pulls out the game Friday without her play in the 4th quarter. She made a couple of huge shots down the stretch.
The transfers are going to pay off long term as they are young and talented, but to say CC has been able to stay on top due to this is a stretch. The home grown player with a mother on the staff is as important or more so than the transplants. She is going to be dominant in the post in the years to come. She has already had some moments that give us a glimpse of what is to come. Put all of these pieces together knowing Bella is still around for another year in ‘20-‘21 and we see JPC building a program with staying power. The present is bright. The future very well may be brighter. 

8 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I said at the beginning of the year this rivalry would decide the district and that is going to be a battle.  

If not mistaken, Tullahoma already has two district losses to Lawrence and Shelbyville. So a loss tonight by Coffee still gives them a leg up on the competition as they have beaten both of those teams mentioned including at Lawrenceburg.  Coffee also knows that they have Tullahoma at Home final game of the season, a place that they have rarely lost at the last three years.   That said hope for a good and safe rivalry game tonight.  Just wish they would schedule this game on Friday nights which makes much more sense.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Of course you would. JP has put Coffee County on the map and made them relevant. But give credit where you wish. Coach Cope has won wherever he’s been. Dekalb Co thought they knew more than he did too. That program will be right back where they were before he got there. Does Belichek have great assistant coaches?  Absolutely and I have no don’t Coffee County has done very good ones as well.  So let’s buy some popcorn and sit in the stands and enjoy the games shall we?

I will have my soda and bag of extra salty popcorn in Franklin County hoping to watch rebelettes get their first district win

Edited by EagleOldEyes

Guest MrSocko

Completely underwhelmed. Are these even the same two teams that battled last year.  I had no idea they were down this much. Yes Coffee out hustled and defense was better, but I was none too impressed with either overall.  Doubt either will be around after region.