8-AAA

OldEagleEye

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Hard to say for sure.  Based on enrollments from two years ago (last time TSSAA counted) and likely 4 class cutoffs, I'd say Coffee, Shelbyville, Columbia, and Franklin Co will all be AAAA.  Lincoln Co could go either way.  Lawrence Co and Tullahoma will be AAA.  

I bet Lincoln County is trying to get below that line. They have been complaining for years about how they can’t be expected to compete in the top class due to numbers....didn’t seem to bother Tullahoma last year though. 

On 8/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, Richmond30 said:

I bet Lincoln County is trying to get below that line. They have been complaining for years about how they can’t be expected to compete in the top class due to numbers....didn’t seem to bother Tullahoma last year though. 

end of original district as we all know it. lincoln fc cc sc columbia all go up and I wish my rebelettes would not. tullahoma and lawrence will remain I’d assume and both should do ok. i do not think any of the 8aaa teams going up will be able to advance very far versus murfressboro or east tn schools. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Commodorefan said:

Practice one month away.  Any new News out of District 8-AAA?

just hope they play my rebels football has not been enjoyable I am looking forward to lady rebels building on success from district tournament last season and see them competing for a title this year

Edited by EagleOldEyes

17 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

just hope they play my rebels football has not been enjoyable I am looking forward to lady rebels building on success from district tournament last season and see them competing for a title this year

I saw a lot of the Franklin Co girls play travel ball at Shelbyville towards the end of summer. You got a good coach and decent players. Nobody to replace Holman that I could see and that will hurt. Coffee, Lincoln, Tullahoma and Lawrence have more talent. It will be hard to pass them. Might have a shot to finish in front of Columbia and Shelbyville. 

9 hours ago, 90warrior said:

Coffee is loaded!

have been for the past few years but I believe all the teams can be beat from what I saw in district tournament.  i think depth will play a factor on teams this season and all teams will need it to compete it but i do not know if coffee has as much as lincoln and lawrence and i know we are young

1 hour ago, EagleOldEyes said:

have been for the past few years but I believe all the teams can be beat from what I saw in district tournament.  i think depth will play a factor on teams this season and all teams will need it to compete it but i do not know if coffee has as much as lincoln and lawrence and i know we are young

Coffee also is young.  Only one Senior on the team, although she is a pretty good one. Will probably start three sophomores.   And yes depth will be an issue for Coffee County this year.  Must stay healthy and out of foul trouble. All that said they still should be preseason favorites.

16 minutes ago, Commodorefan said:

Coffee also is young.  Only one Senior on the team, although she is a pretty good one. Will probably start three sophomores.   And yes depth will be an issue for Coffee County this year.  Must stay healthy and out of foul trouble. All that said they still should be preseason favorites.

have they not been the favorites the last few seasons? I do not know their line-up very well other than the senior and the junior they have returning not familiar with sophomores.  how many seniors does lincoln, lawrence, and tully have coming back that will make a difference? 

38 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

have they not been the favorites the last few seasons? I do not know their line-up very well other than the senior and the junior they have returning not familiar with sophomores.  how many seniors does lincoln, lawrence, and tully have coming back that will make a difference? 

Lincoln County has 2. The senior PG has potential to be the district MVP. They are also pretty deep. 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, maddams said:

Hard to say for sure.  Based on enrollments from two years ago (last time TSSAA counted) and likely 4 class cutoffs, I'd say Coffee, Shelbyville, Columbia, and Franklin Co will all be AAAA.  Lincoln Co could go either way.  Lawrence Co and Tullahoma will be AAA.  

Looks like you are correct.  Coffee, Columbia, Franklin County, and Shelbyville will be 4A in same district.  Wonder who they will add.  Possibly Warren or even a Rutherford County Team such as Rockvale.  Going to be interesting to see.