8-AAA

OldEagleEye

22 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Looks like you are correct.  Coffee, Columbia, Franklin County, and Shelbyville will be 4A in same district.  Wonder who they will add.  Possibly Warren or even a Rutherford County Team such as Rockvale.  Going to be interesting to see.

really will not matter for our grouping who we will add to our district because i believe we still end up in a Rutherford County region and looks like we would continue to go east out of the region if i have distinguished between the correct schools. i would like to see the pioneers in our district 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 2:33 PM, EagleOldEyes said:

really will not matter for our grouping who we will add to our district because i believe we still end up in a Rutherford County region and looks like we would continue to go east out of the region if i have distinguished between the correct schools. i would like to see the pioneers in our district 

I would think Warren County, Coffee County, Shelbyville and Franklin County in a district. They may put Rockvale in there? I'm not sure if Columbia will remain with all of them...seems like way too far from Columbia to Warren County plus Columbia fits better geographically with Summit and Spring Hill, etc.

I think Shelbyville, Franklin County, Coffee County, and Warren County for sure in a AAAA district together. If any others are in that district, it would be maybe Cookeville and/or Rockvale? The questions: is Cookeville going to be in with the Wilson County schools?...and is Rockvale going to be included with all the Rutherford County or Murfreesboro schools...or not?

17 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think Shelbyville, Franklin County, Coffee County, and Warren County for sure in a AAAA district together. If any others are in that district, it would be maybe Cookeville and/or Rockvale? The questions: is Cookeville going to be in with the Wilson County schools?...and is Rockvale going to be included with all the Rutherford County or Murfreesboro schools...or not?

As far as travel goes I  would love to see Cookeville  in Wilson county group.   But I think the Wilson county group would be MUCH more competitive than the district you suggested above.    

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, Commodorefan said:

Coffee also is young.  Only one Senior on the team, although she is a pretty good one. Will probably start three sophomores.   And yes depth will be an issue for Coffee County this year.  Must stay healthy and out of foul trouble. All that said they still should be preseason favorites.

Only one senior but she is probably going to be a Ms Basketball contender.   I love Bella's game.    She can score for all three levels and handles the ball really well for a girl her size.     They will go as far as she takes them.

• 1 month later...

What is everyone’s predicted order of finish. After 2 weeks it looks like Lawrence Co is playing very well and they are always well coached. Coffee is 4-0 and play’s Blackman and Riverdale next week with a huge win over White Co already on the resume. Columbia seems improved although the schedule they have played is beyond weak. Franklin Co and Shelbyville will be 7th and 8th for sure, very bad teams. Lincoln Co will be in the top 3 and I really thought Tullahoma would be in the mix but I saw where they gave up 90 in one game. I still say they end up 4th over Columbia just on coaching. Just happy we are getting to watch some ball.

After first two weeks predictions:

1. Coffee

2. Lawrence

3. Tullahoma

4. Lincoln

5. Columbia

6. Franklin

7. Shelbyville.

Covid and injuries could change these finishes very easily.  Lot of equality in teams 2-5 looks like.   Coffee has best starting five but little depth after that.  Shame how far Shelbyville has fallen over the years.

my rebelettes have played one game and we were down two players to a very impressive webb girls team. this year will be very hard to judge if we use scores game to game because nobody will know who played, who was able to practice and who was under quarantine and just came back and that makes every game in the district count that much more. having one or two girls out could be the difference in winning by 20 or losing by 20. good luck to all in the last year of the district 

23 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

After first two weeks predictions:

1. Coffee

2. Lawrence

3. Tullahoma

4. Lincoln

5. Columbia

6. Franklin

7. Shelbyville.

Covid and injuries could change these finishes very easily.  Lot of equality in teams 2-5 looks like.   Coffee has best starting five but little depth after that.  Shame how far Shelbyville has fallen over the years.

I think you are right but I might swap Franklin and Shelbyville. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RaiderPride84 said:

District play begins tonight

Lincoln Co 77           Shelbyville 20

Tullahoma 81           Franklin Co 24

Coffee Co 55            Columbia  39

What is everyone's predictions

I'd be surprised if any of these games tonight are won by less than 30