Class 2A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree. I said in the preseason that the Waverly and Union City winner in the semifinals would win the Gold ball. I still believe that will happen with Waverly now as the front runner. Waverly is what we thought they were. Great on offense and average on defense. For whatever reason Union City so far hasn't lived up to the expectations I had for them. Now, I still say that what Union City does can cause major problems for a great offensive team because you can't get the ball from them. 

They give teams issues about like Georgia Tech does.. LOL You have to play disciplined D to beat UC, we scrimmaged them last year and they were very good team, but that is the only time I have ever seen them play.

34 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

I have seen CA play and we played Waverly , unless CA has improved 10 fold since the first of the season, Waverly will be CA by 2 TD's IMO. Waverly has a much better D than people on here are giving them credit for.

Wat school u with bama. And I know wat I'm talking bout when it comes to Waverly I played there from 00 to 04. And haven't missed a game since I got out if school. Def is getting better every week . but by far not way they was last year. We had a top 5 def last year and don't this year the off is alot better than last year. I'm blue white pride till I die. 

5 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Wat school u with bama. And I know wat I'm talking bout when it comes to Waverly I played there from 00 to 04. And haven't missed a game since I got out if school. Def is getting better every week . but by far not way they was last year. We had a top 5 def last year and don't this year the off is alot better than last year. I'm blue white pride till I die. 

My son plays for East Hickman , he is a senior CB and WB.

5 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

You know your football. I've seen them both years. That's exactly what I see. They were a better overall team last season because of the good defense. The defense isn't bad this year, but not like last season. Offensively they have a lot of weapons. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

You know your football. I've seen them both years. That's exactly what I see. They were a better overall team last season because of the good defense. The defense isn't bad this year, but not like last season. Offensively they have a lot of weapons. 

Thanks . offense is crazy good this year. The only thing I havent like is we dont run much this year .we have a running back that had 2053 yards and 30 plus tds last year . and this year . he might have a lil over 500 yards. I feel bad for who ever when coach finally lets r RB take the game over .

4 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

My son plays for East Hickman , he is a senior CB and WB.

Yea east Hickman was way out matched. Only thing I didnt like bout that game was y'all left ur starters in after we was up by 40 plus. And r jv did good against y'alls starters. How is talls qb I hate that he got hurt . 

2 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Thanks . offense is crazy good this year. The only thing I havent like is we dont run much this year .we have a running back that had 2053 yards and 30 plus tds last year . and this year . he might have a lil over 500 yards. I feel bad for who ever when coach finally lets r RB take the game over .

The QB isn't your normal 2A QB either. You don't get many like him. He has a lot of good interest already as well. The top receiver is also a good one. The others aren't bad by any means, but your top dog is scary. Also you're right about the RB. He's tough!

Just now, Wavo2004 said:

Yea east Hickman was way out matched. Only thing I didnt like bout that game was y'all left ur starters in after we was up by 40 plus. And r jv did good against y'alls starters. How is talls qb I hate that he got hurt . 

He never takes our starters out of the game, even when we were up on Stewart 49-0, part of it because half of our JV is hurt, lol  . The QB missed last weeks game against Houston (concussion) but he will be back this week against Riverside, we are better than we played against you guys(not that we would have ever won that game) we were beat when we got off the bus. We should have won 2 -3 other games, but we beat ourselves with mistakes among other things.

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

The QB isn't your normal 2A QB either. You don't get many like him. He has a lot of good interest already as well. The top receiver is also a good one. The others aren't bad by any means, but your top dog is scary. Also you're right about the RB. He's tough!

Yes sir . I can't wait for some of these people to actually watch this Waverly offense . they will learn what we have been saying. U might stop something a few times but u can't hold the offense down for long . way to many play makers.this Waverly offense is special

1 hour ago, BAMABOY72 said:

He is either going by what he has heard, or just trying to stir the pot, because your D is solid, I know we are not that good but we were competitive in every game we played in  except against y'all. Now against Westview the score appeared that they were good but we gave them the ball inside the 10- 4 times because our punter couldn't field a snap.. LOL. 

Yea I know. I try to stir the pot myself sometimes but at least i make a halfway legitimate statement when I do. 

59 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree. I said in the preseason that the Waverly and Union City winner in the semifinals would win the Gold ball. I still believe that will happen with Waverly now as the front runner. Waverly is what we thought they were. Great on offense and average on defense. For whatever reason Union City so far hasn't lived up to the expectations I had for them. Now, I still say that what Union City does can cause major problems for a great offensive team because you can't get the ball from them. 

I think the Ville will make it to the semi.

55 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Youngster

• Like 1