Class 2A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

41 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have to agree with the QB statement. He sits in the pocket eyes down field, great footwork, and is extremely accurate. This kid will definitely be playing at the next level. He is also the best true QB I have seen at this level. You would always hear about Rice at Wayne county but I never had the pleasure of seeing that kid. How would you compare the two?

Well I saw both Rice boys. They were very, very good, dangerous quarterbacks who could beat you with their arms and their legs. Your guy can also run but does it more with his arm. He is a much better passer. He was actually mesmerizing to watch in warmups! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustang1969 said:

Not at all! I've spent a lot of time up there in and around Hartsville.  Got to know some great people. Truth is I've been unimpressed with TC. 

Lol.. they just keep winning. You don't have to be impressed with TC. Your not a fan of TC. Just remember you better get this TC team this year. They will be the team to beat next year. They have a chance this year even being so young. They have lost a Friebdshil team that will probably win state in private school division, lost to Whitwell who will play SP in quarterfinals, and to Macon County who is in 4A. So to be starting a couple of freshman , several sophomores, and lots of juniors I woukd say they are ok. I can't wait to be back in Hartsville to see the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Lol.. they just keep winning. You don't have to be impressed with TC. Your not a fan of TC. Just remember you better get this TC team this year. They will be the team to beat next year. They have a chance this year even being so young. They have lost a Friebdshil team that will probably win state in private school division, lost to Whitwell who will play SP in quarterfinals, and to Macon County who is in 4A. So to be starting a couple of freshman , several sophomores, and lots of juniors I woukd say they are ok. I can't wait to be back in Hartsville to see the playoffs. 

Like I said I'm not hating on TC at all. Haven't seen them live this year, just on hudl. I have seen them the last two years in the first round of the playoffs. They look a little better this year, but not much. Just my opinion. Anyway that's why they aren't in my top 10.

4 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Like I said I'm not hating on TC at all. Haven't seen them live this year, just on hudl. I have seen them the last two years in the first round of the playoffs. They look a little better this year, but not much. Just my opinion. Anyway that's why they aren't in my top 10.

They are better than everyone in your top ten besides Waverly, Peabody and Adamsville. Seen Meigs and they are definitely not a top 5 team. I will agree the Waverly is probably better than anyone 

1 hour ago, Volstate said:

They are better than everyone in your top ten besides Waverly, Peabody and Adamsville. Seen Meigs and they are definitely not a top 5 team. I will agree the Waverly is probably better than anyone 

I have been giving them top spot just because they are undefeated and imo will represent the east. No worries, opinions don't matter this time of year only performance.

1 minute ago, catchmeifyoucan said:

I like that little old Rockwood is not even mentioned.  This will be the 9th straight year Rockwood has made it to the 2A playoffs.  Not many teams can say the same.  Meigs County is tough and the Road from the east to the Championship will lead through Meigs.  We will see what happens.

Think rockwood is getting it all together at the right time of the season. Should be a good game between them and Hampton this Friday. 

I love all the jawing about CA.  We've played some pretty good talent this year.  I was really skeptical at moving up but to be honest now, I really am a believer.  At the beginning of the year, we had a lot of transition going on.  Starting QB goes out 1st game, freshman comes in and we beat Nashville Christian and played well against 4A Spring Hill (our only loss), two senior lineman were out the first 4 games, new faces in week 3.  The team has settled down and jelled around each other.  There are no selfish players on the team, just a desire to win.  

No team in the playoffs should be taken lightly.  Any team can be beaten.  I hope we do play Waverly.  I am excited to see their QB and what we can do with him.  Our defensive backs will have to step it up for sure, but I wouldn't count on a cake walk by Waverly.