Round 1 Rhea Co. vs Knox West

Rhea Co.

6 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

I agree with the part where you said that next week will be easy relatively easy for you - the rest of the post I will have to disagree on.  Great game Rebels.  

I tried to tell the Golden Eagles fans that this West team (especially the D) ain't no joke.

Edited by SweetScience

On October 30, 2017 at 0:45 AM, KnoxVil said:

Totally disagree!!!! Listen to your friend and enjoy the ride! The West D is easy and their offense is easier! Move along to the 2nd round! Save the #tackleeligible for another day! Should be really easy for that potent Rhea O and D!!!

I'm getting slow in my old age - just got it Knoxvul - #tackleeligible - almost forgot that play.  It's funny because it didn't cost us that game.  

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

That was a great INT. I was watching it online. Very questionable call by the Rhea staff, because they only needed about 10-15 yards for a field goal and were running it with relative ease on y'all at the time.

I can live with that call as it was late and they had no timeouts - it's the pass at the 5 I question.  Gutsy feast or famine call, but it was the play that won it for West.

13 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

I can live with that call as it was late and they had no timeouts - it's the pass at the 5 I question.  Gutsy feast or famine call, but it was the play that won it for West.

I would've ran another run play and spiked the ball, but that's just me. They had plenty of time to do that. But, that's why I'm not a coach. Tough loss for RC, but great win for the Rebs. Looking forward to next week. Should be a slugfest.

Overall good football game by both teams. Great defensive performance out of both teams. That is a hard one to swallow made too many mistakes to win. The block in the back penalty on the INT TD for Rhea was a killer. I really don’t have a problem with the throw to the end zone. I do kind of wish we ran one more play to get in FG range then take a shot at the end zone.  

Oh well, tough schedule and tough year. Thank you seniors for a great 4 years. Well I guess I’ll go check out Fulton at Catholic next friday or head over to Meigs vs Happy Valley 

Everyone will think about our QB getting sacked for a safety as being the end of the season. No doubt that hurt extremely bad but we should not have been it that situation. Not making the PAT because of a high snap put us in that bad spot. West would not have been able to punt and try to pin us deep with 3 min to go if they had still been behind. Besides that play, why spike the ball on 1st down to stop the clock on the last drive? The first down stops it for the chains to move, is that not enough time to yell in a play? We could have run the ball on first down, second down, then tried to throw if we needed on third with still plenty of time. We were very close to FG range if not in it after that last first. Again, taking the safety in the end zone was bad and hats off to West's defense for making the play but we should never have been in that situation if we simply had taken care of that PAT attempt.

I have lived here for 6 years and this was quite simply the worst coached Rhea County game I have seen. This one is purely on the coach. I feel sorry for our young men as this game could have been theirs for the taking. Our passing game was a non factor the entire game so, after a great run by Simon to get to the 32 with 54 seconds left...........lets take the ball out of his hands and throw to the end-zone...............oops, interception......game over. Just my opinion.