Waverly host Forrest Round 1

vandyfan1

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest gave up 48 first game to BGA.  Since then around 17 a game. How good is your QB on his feet if there isnt someone immediately open. 

He is good on his feet and one of our receivers will be open. Can’t contain them. The true weapon is coach McConnell.  He will pick your defense apart with his play calling. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, EHSEagles said:

Yes we do, don't know a thing about em

Very good team , they are pretty big in the trenches, we played in terrible weather. I will tell you that my son never really says much about the other team other than that hey they are very good (Waverly) but he said Riverside was the dirtiest team he had played all year ( and my son isn't one to make a statement like that), what ever that means. LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I look at Fairview taking them into 100 OTs and remember that we hung toe to toe with Fairview the last two years in scrimmages. Other than a "scrimmages dont matter" defense, whats your explanation of that game? You scored half a hundred but also gave up just as much. 

Hard to compare scrimmages with actual games but Fairview has been a thorn in Waverly's side the past few years. The defense did give up a lot of points but trust me when I say we have a completely different defense from that game. And yes our quarterback is very quick under pressure, that's been one of his biggest improvements over the years and if there's no one open he'll have a first down by his legs. He's pretty elusive when's he's being rushed, he will impress you I'm sure

2 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

Very good team , they are pretty big in the trenches, we played in terrible weather. I will tell you that my son never really says much about the other team other than that hey they are very good (Waverly) but he said Riverside was the dirtiest team he had played all year ( and my son isn't one to make a statement like that), what ever that means. LOL.

That's a true statement Bama, they are the dirtiest time I've ever seen. EHS is you have a child playing be sure to tell him to keep his head on a swivel. I couldn't even keep up with all the dirty hits, hits after the whistle, and hits after the ball carrier had already stepped out of bounds. And my son said they where sticking their hands inside of there face masks and punching them in the balls while they was under the pile. Not to mention mouthing off to the officials. I think by the end of our game 3 kids and a coach had been ejected, so watch out, they are very physical and will beat you up literally!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super8Dad said:

That's a true statement Bama, they are the dirtiest time I've ever seen. EHS is you have a child playing be sure to tell him to keep his head on a swivel. I couldn't even keep up with all the dirty hits, hits after the whistle, and hits after the ball carrier had already stepped out of bounds. And my son said they where sticking their hands inside of there face masks and punching them in the balls while they was under the pile. Not to mention mouthing off to the officials. I think by the end of our game 3 kids and a coach had been ejected, so watch out, they are very physical and will beat you up literally!

I'm sorry I'm not one to address posts on a game not related to the subject at hand but I am going to respond one time to this ludicrous statement. First of all I wasn't on field so I can't say I saw anything. I wouldn't doubt inappropriate comments or actions were made by either team. That's the way it goes at times but after the second or third time  riverside scored their coach called a timeout to tell them not to respond to cheap shots n slurs that some of our guys were complaining about. East Hickman had nothing to lose but rhs did. Just saying w kids they will say anything. And as far as the insane remarks about ejections their wasn't one fifteen yard penalty called. No late hits, personal fouls, or unsportsmanlike conduct. Hence no ejections were  given to either side. Sorry for the long post. Btw I think Forrest will play hard but waverly too much. 49-14

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

you've been pretty on target with us the last few seasons. our boys will be ready 

This Waverly team is similar to that 2015 Marion County team you faced. Waverly throws it a lot more than that Marion team did though. That's the closest comparison I can give you. I wish Forrest the best of luck, but it won't be very close.