Franklin-Grace @ Wayne County first round

wildcat89

Apparently Coach Bradley being 'fired up' about MP not getting into the playoffs has 'fired up' the MP principle into action.... a link to Coach Bradley's Facebook post on the matter.... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155339504974355&id=566079354&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10155339504974355%3Atl_objid.10155339504974355%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10155339504974355%3Athid.566079354%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1509519599%3A1088286724605330634&__tn__=*s*s-R

Who knows?.?.? An "overall" record doesn't get a team in the playoffs, the "Regional" record does and MP lost to 3 out of the 4 team that are in the playoffs they needed to win to get in.... Period... A team has to win the ones that count (Region), and can afford to lose the ones that doesn't (Non -Region). 

Edited by Big Bigby

8 hours ago, Big Bigby said:

Apparently Coach Bradley being 'fired up' about MP not getting into the playoffs has 'fired up' the MP principle into action.... a link to Coach Bradley's Facebook post on the matter.... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155339504974355&id=566079354&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10155339504974355%3Atl_objid.10155339504974355%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10155339504974355%3Athid.566079354%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1509519599%3A1088286724605330634&__tn__=*s*s-R

Who knows?.?.? An "overall" record doesn't get a team in the playoffs, the "Regional" record does and MP lost to 3 out of the 4 team that are in the playoffs they needed to win to get in.... Period... A team has to win the ones that count (Region), and can afford to lose the ones that doesn't (Non -Region). 

I think you missed the point, Not complaining about the current rules, they accept that we didn’t win the “right” games, the petition was to give a team the open slot. It was a long shot, but why not take it if you think your team deserves to be in the playoffs. I for one called. The administration fighting for their kids... that’s great.

Wayne County is 7-3... you guys would be upset as well! 

The TSSAA awards 10 champions! Why not give the best teams the opportunity to win it. A system that allows 2-8 teams to compete for a championship is ridiculous while .500 and above teams sit at home cause they play in a tougher region, what was wrong with the last plan? 

WC89 someone needs to stir up the TSSAA. 

Back to topic; GCA hasn’t played the best defense but has an offense that can run. High scoring ballgame is a possibility. Should be a good one

4 minutes ago, junglefan said:

I think you missed the point, Not complaining about the current rules, they accept that we didn’t win the “right” games, the petition was to give a team the open slot. It was a long shot, but why not take it if you think your team deserves to be in the playoffs. I for one called. The administration fighting for their kids... that’s great.

The TSSAA awards 10 champions! Why not give the best teams the opportunity to win it. A system that allows 2-8 teams to compete for a championship is ridiculous while .500 and above teams sit at home cause they play in a tougher region, what was wrong with the last plan? 

Back to topic; GCA hasn’t played the best defense but has an offense that can run. High scoring ballgame is a possibility. Should be a good one

You make a valid point and I would be frustrated as well. But that's the current rules. The funny thing is, if they slid you in and y'all won the east.....would definitely show just how messed up of a system that's currently in place. 

17 minutes ago, Rings said:

You make a valid point and I would be frustrated as well. But that's the current rules. The funny thing is, if they slid you in and y'all won the east.....would definitely show just how messed up of a system that's currently in place. 

i hate it for MTP but like Bigby said. They didn't win games they should have. On the other hand I agree that they are better than any other 4 seed in the state other than possibly Fayetteville. Both those teams would beat most 3 seeded teams. Our region was very tough this year. Most regions allow you to have an off game and you can still win. Off game or two in our region and you went from in the playoffs to getting out the round ball. Plain and simple. 

31 minutes ago, Rings said:

40 minutes ago, junglefan said:

11 hours ago, Rings said:

Hate to post on this thread, but have y'all seen where Mt Pleasant principal has sent a letter to tssaa  requesting the Tigers get that open spot in the east against greenback?  What in the world is this guy thinking? I've heard he's got a lot of parents and fans contacting the tssaa. What a joke on top of a joke. 

Everyone knows TSSAA is so far behind the rest of the country it is pitiful. The best teams play for championships, not 2-8 and 3-7 teams. Region 5's top 5 teams would win or finish 2nd in most regions in the state. Unfortunately TSSAA would rather sit on their hands and do less work with region alignments than actually putting a plan together to put the best teams into the playoffs. I for one am proud of the coach and administration fighting all the way to the last second for their kids. If people want to call that a joke, see what your response would be if it happened to your team. Only sad joke is that there is an open spot in the TSSAA playoffs while a 7-3 teams sits at home. That's a joke on top of a joke.

As for this game....I'm expecting a good game. Weather may play a part. Wet field should favor the cats. I'm actually pulling for WC in this one. Hope we both can win Friday so I can meet up with my ole buddy 89 the next Friday night. Best of luck to all and leave no doubts by leaving it all on the field. The real season kicks off in 82 hours and 43 minutes lol. 

I like the Mt. Pleasant coach and wouldn’t mind if he moved back to WC when our coaches decide to hang it up, but I distinctly remember him complaining about the Z-plan a few years back in the newspaper. He, like a lot of coaches, didn’t like not knowing who they were going to play or where they might have to go in the playoffs. But guess what? A 7-3 team didn’t get left out of the playoffs in the Z-plan. This is the reason why the Z-plan was introduced to begin with. We had it, but almost everyone complained so much and so loudly, that it’s gone. Now the bottom line is, you finish 5th in your region you’re out of the playoffs. Clear, simple, easy.