Franklin-Grace @ Wayne County first round

wildcat89

6 hours ago, junglefan said:

I think you missed the point, Not complaining about the current rules, they accept that we didn’t win the “right” games, the petition was to give a team the open slot. It was a long shot, but why not take it if you think your team deserves to be in the playoffs. I for one called. The administration fighting for their kids... that’s great.

Wayne County is 7-3... you guys would be upset as well! 

The TSSAA awards 10 champions! Why not give the best teams the opportunity to win it. A system that allows 2-8 teams to compete for a championship is ridiculous while .500 and above teams sit at home cause they play in a tougher region, what was wrong with the last plan? 

WC89 someone needs to stir up the TSSAA. 

Back to topic; GCA hasn’t played the best defense but has an offense that can run. High scoring ballgame is a possibility. Should be a good one

I think after reading about it all, I got the point. I think it's great that all involved at MPHS is doing what they can and think that's right for our boys - their perrogative... But, they had 10 games to get there, how many more chances do they need? We both know they have the capabilities to beat a lot of teams, but the disciplinary problems on the field hurt them badly and put them out of playoff contentions losing games with a lot of hurt on drives from penalties caused by those disciplinary problems during games. Take those penalties out of those 3 games and MP could be in 1st or 2nd place in the Region and in the playoffs.... THAT is the lesson that those boys should be learning right now especially the younger ones up and coming... Discipline Matters greatly. Learn it, even be it the hard way.

To me, right now they are learning, in a way, that if one works hard and plays to their best that the "system" is somehow gonna screw ya... Well, that's not it in my opinion. 

This thread would be better served on topic. MP season is over.

Edited by Big Bigby

1 hour ago, Big Bigby said:

I think after reading about it all, I got the point. I think it's great that all involved at MPHS is doing what they can and think that's right for our boys - their perrogative... But, they had 10 games to get there, how many more chances do they need? We both know they have the capabilities to beat a lot of teams, but the disciplinary problems on the field hurt them badly and put them out of playoff contentions losing games with a lot of hurt on drives from penalties caused by those disciplinary problems during games. Take those penalties out of those 3 games and MP could be in 1st or 2nd place in the Region and in the playoffs.... THAT is the lesson that those boys should be learning right now especially the younger ones up and coming... Discipline Matters greatly. Learn it, even be it the hard way.

You can't put your 2 cents worth in and then say "This thread would be better served on topic. MP season is over."  MP started out 3-0. There was some unfortunate issues on the field the next two games, nobody is denying that but your #fakenews is forgetting to report that MP went 4-1 after those two games because disciplinary actions were taken. If you want to finish this discussion, I started a thread about 7-3 teams not in the playoffs.

As far as this topic goes, I hope either region 5 or 6 represents in the State Championship game.

Edited by Football4L

54 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

You're right! My bad for posting. Y'all had a good year and I think you were somewhat of a young team this year. Best of luck next year!

1 minute ago, Football4L said:

You can't put your 2 cents worth in and then say "This thread would be better served on topic. MP season is over."  MP started out 3-0. There was some unfortunate issues on the field the next two games, nobody is denying that but your #fakenews is forgetting to report that MP went 4-1 after those two games because disciplinary actions were taken. If you want to finish this discussion, I started a thread about 7-3 teams not in the playoffs.

As far as this topic goes, I hope either region 5 or 6 represents in the State Championship game.

Hey Johnny come lately. Welcome to the T... Yes, we can do that. It's called answering others comments on certain topics but refocusing on the thread at hand. Other threads back when those actions were taken were spoke of and praised of/for. Fact is the damage had been done, and a few more costly penalties during a shoot out with Grace Christian didn't help one bit neither.

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

You're right! My bad for posting. Y'all had a good year and I think you were somewhat of a young team this year. Best of luck next year!

Hey, glad you did in a way. I knew nothing of it.... Best of Luck to WC in the post season! I believe your defense will stop Grace Christian enough to handle them, Cornersville will be your biggest challenge next.

4 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

GCA can't score in bunches! The last 4 weeks they also became more physical. They are a scary 4 seed.

I think you mean "can" score in bunches. They've been playing well down the home stretch. But, we have too! I think we'll be in for game Friday night. Playoffs are great! Don't overlook anybody!

13 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

Hey Johnny come lately. Welcome to the T... Yes, we can do that. It's called answering others comments on certain topics but refocusing on the thread at hand. Other threads back when those actions were taken were spoke of and praised of/for. Fact is the damage had been done, and a few more costly penalties during a shoot out with Grace Christian didn't help one bit neither.

Grace received more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties than MP.  Next excuse.