The Trojans of Soddy Daisy gallop into The Ridge...1st round 5A playoffs

SweetScience

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

Soddy has had a very interesting year to say the least. Almost beat Catholic and by all accounts should have beat Catholic. Loss a crazy game against Lenior City. Beat up on a pretty good Ooltewah squad. Beat a very good Red Bank team. Led a good chunk of the Bradley Central game. Then traded TDs with Rhea in a fun game. I will give a lot of credit to Coach Barnes he has turned that program around and he also now has a pretty good defense to compliment his great offense. 

It it will be interesting to see this game. It reminds me of Oak Ridges opening round game with Walker Valley last year. However, Soddy has a much defense compared to WV. 

I, WillietheWildcat, here by degree that no mention of Walker Valley be uttered on this most sacred message tread. I have employed priest, ministers, shaman, Buddhist monks, Allah, Voo Doo priestess, and Tee Higgins to exercise that game from the memory of existence. So it is said, so it be done.

Sorry Rhea Co, but that game is a thorn in my Wildcat claw. :D

RWR!

3 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I, WillietheWildcat, here by degree that no mention of Walker Valley be uttered on this most sacred message tread. I have employed priest, ministers, shaman, Buddhist monks, Allah, Voo Doo priestess, and Tee Higgins to exercise that game from the memory of existence. So it is said, so it be done.

RWR!

Please refrain from consuming alcohol before posting. 

19 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

RWR!

Don't go to sleep on Soddy or you may have two thorns in your Wildcat claw. :)

We have had a season full of "next man up" type performances. Not so much from injuries but it seems like we have had several different players stepping up each week. You can basically name 30 or more players who have had big games at one time or another

Is there a player who you feel is due to have a break out game or continue to have special games? For me it is last year's freshmen QB and now Sophomore DB. He has been steady all season but now after ten games, I think he is ready to explode just in time for the Soddy Daisy game.

RWR! Stay nasty defense and offense take it across the goal.

Friday, 7pm, Oak Ridge vs Soddy "ain't no joke" Daisy.

5 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

We have had a season full of "next man up" type performances. Not so much from injuries but it seems like we have had several different players stepping up each week. You can basically name 30 or more players who have had big games at one time or another

Is there a player who you feel is due to have a break out game or continue to have special games? For me it is last year's freshmen QB and now Sophomore DB. He has been steady all season but now after ten games, I think he is ready to explode just in time for the Soddy Daisy game.

RWR! Stay nasty defense and offense take it across the goal.

Friday, 7pm, Oak Ridge vs Soddy "ain't no joke" Daisy.

Willie, are you going to be the "next fan up"  and come to a game?  

17 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Willie, are you going to be the "next fan up"  and come to a game?  

I have sort of mentioned on here about my disabilities from diabetes and heart attacks. I am permanently disabled, I walk very unsteadily, cannot run at all, drive very seldom. One thing I can do is swim and I do that on a daily basis. I can also use social media as a way to communicate with people. Y'all are my friends along with my supporting family., especially my wife who is a Chatt. Central grad but now is a die hard OR fan. Posting on CoachT, Facebook and Twitter are my ways of intercting with people. I have been blessed over the last several years to have Booster members willing to mail me the latest OR shirts and hats. I do get back to the Ridge a couple times of the year to be with family and to eat Big Ed's :D I do greatly appreciate the way you put up with me and my sometimes juvenile posting. Okay, this is enough of me examining my belly button so lets get back to discussing how the Wildcats are going to handle the SD Trojans. I hope I still have my Man Card after being open with y'all. :D

• Like 1

Last four games of the regular season SD has allowed 125 points. The nasty Cats have given up 28 in the last four games.

On Offense, SD has scored 153 points in the last four games. Oak Ridge has scored 154 points in the last four games.

Does this mean anything? Probably not but it does show how stout OR's defense is and how potent both team's offenses are.

I still think the Wildcats should consider to think of their opponent Friday as being Soddy "ain't no joke" Daisy.

If anyone needed a reason to consider the AP Poll to be irrelevant, then you need only look at the latest poll. Oak Ridge, after beating Fulton 21-12, is ranked 5th, just BEHIND Fulton, who is ranked 4th.  Both have identical 8-2 records, and OR has played a tougher schedule.  The polls don't really mean much since we have the playoffs, but this latest poll shows just how stupid and ill informed those who vote in this poll, truly are!