Ridgeway @ Henry County

HCBigRed

Heavy hitting news for the Counce family for sure, and really the community as a whole. Just wow. Deepest thoughts and warmest condolences to the family and close friends.

Legend is a good description for Coach Counce. Both as a man and a coach. One of the last true holdovers of a bygone era. Going to be a tough week in Henryland.  

On 10/29/2017 at 3:06 PM, MSURacer said:

Heavy hitting news for the Counce family for sure, and really the community as a whole. Just wow. Deepest thoughts and warmest condolences to the family and close friends.

Legend is a good description for Coach Counce. Both as a man and a coach. One of the last true holdovers of a bygone era. Going to be a tough week in Henryland.  

A tough week,indeed., Racer..Coach was laid to rest yesterday.The funeral was attended by a huge crowd of friends, old associates, old players, fishing and hunting pals.. Stirring and touching tributes were many.It is now time for all of us to, in his words , " to be a man".

GO BIG RED

Patriots will kick it in gear this week. This, as far as I've seen, is NOT the Ridgeway of a few years ago. The big difference to these eyes, is in the trenches. The "old" Ridgeway teams had incredible Offensive and Defensive linemen. H.C. will dominate this part of the game. Ball control will be the name of the game and with the Patriots' O-line + running backs = victory.

Couldn't have said it better, Old Devil...It's time to "MAN UP"!

3 hours ago, RedSwarm4Life said:

Patriots will kick it in gear this week. This, as far as I've seen, is NOT the Ridgeway of a few years ago. The big difference to these eyes, is in the trenches. The "old" Ridgeway teams had incredible Offensive and Defensive linemen. H.C. will dominate this part of the game. Ball control will be the name of the game and with the Patriots' O-line + running backs = victory.

Couldn't have said it better, Old Devil...It's time to "MAN UP"!

Don't know if I can agree 100% with this assessment. From what I've seen, they've got a very able defensive line, much like what they've had in years past. Their O-line doesn't impress me near as much, but it seems like Ridgeway has always tried to just get their biggest bodies up front to give their athletes enough time to make plays. Their power running game doesn't look as dominant as it did a few years ago, but if their stud WR is healthy we'll have our hands full.

Gonna be a tough first round game. 

1 hour ago, RedSwarm said:

Don't know if I can agree 100% with this assessment. From what I've seen, they've got a very able defensive line, much like what they've had in years past. Their O-line doesn't impress me near as much, but it seems like Ridgeway has always tried to just get their biggest bodies up front to give their athletes enough time to make plays. Their power running game doesn't look as dominant as it did a few years ago, but if their stud WR is healthy we'll have our hands full.

Gonna be a tough first round game. 

Agreed. I believe the D-line is decent for the RoadRunners, however, I still give H.C.'s O-line the edge. I feel Ridgeway is on their way back to the top, just not quite there yet. If I'm remembering correctly, in 2011 they had 6 or 7 players sign D1 scholarships.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:08 AM, SEC1rules said:

I don’t know much about this years Ridgeway team. KWC should come by at some point with some info. 

Quite honestly SEC1rules, I don't know what to think. It was reported earlier that the Ridgeway WR was banged up. I will say that he is a difference maker. They are loaded with athletes though. They always have a good QB. This one is no different. They have plenty of good WRs. Their run game isn't as good as it has been in the past, it's ok.

They are the strangest team. Take for instance their last game where they lost to Southwind by a score of 2-0. Huh? Where did that come from? When I first saw the score I was wondering if Ridgeway had to forfiet for some reason, or something like that. Nope, it was just one of those ugly defensive games ... which I wouldn't have attributed to either Ridgeway or Southwind.

They are 5-5 with some losses I don't understand. I think they have lost the WR in earlier games as well. He is not only a WR but an outstanding KR. If he is healthy, and he is playing ... whateveryou do DON'T kick the ball to him.

I will say this this ... I think that is the strongest 5A region in the state. I kinda think that HC is going to have to beat three Region 8 5A teams to get to the semis. They are all good ... from the 1st through the 4th seed. Ridgeway, Southwind, Munford, and Brighton. Take your pick. It just depends on which way the wind is blowing that day I guess. 

Henry County should win this game. But, so can Ridgeway if everything goes right for them and you guys have issues for whatever reason. It helps that HC is playing at home, just for travel's sake. You guys have seen Ridgeway in the past. Their offense is balanced, probably better passing then running this year. Their defense is bend but don't break. The healthier their star WR is ... the more dangerous they become. However, I don't think this Ridgeway team is as good as their past teams.

That's all I got.

Oh yeah ... go here to watch their season in highlights. (Their video guy captures the good with the bad, so you kind of get a feel for how the game flowed ... I appreciate that)

In BGIM i'm probably going to go with HC in this one, just because of the home field advantage.

Edited by kwc

5 hours ago, kwc said:

Quite honestly SEC1rules, I don't know what to think. It was reported earlier that the Ridgeway WR was banged up. I will say that he is a difference maker. They are loaded with athletes though. They always have a good QB. This one is no different. They have plenty of good WRs. Their run game isn't as good as it has been in the past, it's ok.

They are the strangest team. Take for instance their last game where they lost to Southwind by a score of 2-0. Huh? Where did that come from? When I first saw the score I was wondering if Ridgeway had to forfiet for some reason, or something like that. Nope, it was just one of those ugly defensive games ... which I wouldn't have attributed to either Ridgeway or Southwind.

They are 5-5 with some losses I don't understand. I think they have lost the WR in earlier games as well. He is not only a WR but an outstanding KR. If he is healthy, and he is playing ... whateveryou do DON'T kick the ball to him.

I will say this this ... I think that is the strongest 5A region in the state. I kinda think that HC is going to have to beat three Region 8 5A teams to get to the semis. They are all good ... from the 1st through the 4th seed. Ridgeway, Southwind, Munford, and Brighton. Take your pick. It just depends on which way the wind is blowing that day I guess. 

Henry County should win this game. But, so can Ridgeway if everything goes right for them and you guys have issues for whatever reason. It helps that HC is playing at home, just for travel's sake. You guys have seen Ridgeway in the past. Their offense is balanced, probably better passing then running this year. Their defense is bend but don't break. The healthier their star WR is ... the more dangerous they become. However, I don't think this Ridgeway team is as good as their past teams.

That's all I got.

Oh yeah ... go here to watch their season in highlights. (Their video guy captures the good with the bad, so you kind of get a feel for how the game flowed ... I appreciate that)

In BGIM i'm probably going to go with HC in this one, just because of the home field advantage.

Thanks, kwc. I’ll watch some video when I get time.