Memphis Mitchell @ Peabody

FightingBlue0

On 10/29/2017 at 10:20 AM, peabodypride said:

It is absolutely so hard to figure these Memphis teams!!!!No fans base posting anywhere,no stats really anywhere!And the fact that we never remotely see them play!Max Prep has no videos,at least that I can find!I know we cannot overlook anyone,One word McKenzie!!!!The Tide had to fight to hard just to get here so hopefully we are prepared!Also MaxPrep has Waverly as our next game!?I wish it was that easy!?

Go here for team stats on teams from Shelby County through 10 games.

Go here for individual stats for football players in Shelby County through 10 games.

Edited by kwc

On 10/29/2017 at 11:07 AM, vandyfan1 said:

The only Memphis posters I have seen are the guys that follow trez

Whitehaven, by far, has the most Memphis posters, but there are others. Mitchell has one. Memphis East has about 4. Cordova has about 3. Collierville has one. Millington has about 4-5. Trezevant has about 2. White Station use to have several but I haven't seen them in a while. There are some who I don't know who they support. However, your small schools have the least amount of representation, if any, on here from Memphis.

Edited by kwc

On 10/29/2017 at 11:58 AM, Southtowner said:

I remember last year after the new alignment and Trez went to 3A a couple Memphis posters saying Mitchell had next. Telling us that Mitchell would win it all.  I wonder if they still feel the same?

No. Mitchell is 3rd in Region 8, 2A. Fairley is the big dog and Douglas is 2nd.

23 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

From what I have seen Fairly has a stout D and very little O!Is that on point?

I have NOT seen them play. They got shutout by 5A Southwind, but Southwind would probably shutout most 2A programs, including those in Region 7 as well. All I can go is by the scores put on the schedule.

Their HC is going to focus on 'D'.  The coaching staff he worked under before getting his HC position at Fairley had that type of mentality. The philosophy being ... "If they can't score, they can't beat you". So your assesment may be correct. If you want to advance in the post season ... you HAVE to be able to RUN the ball and STOP the run. Especially in high school football. That's what they are going to focus on.

However, let's talk Fairley talk in the Fairley thread ... not Mitchell and Peabody.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Whitehaven, by far, has the most Memphis posters, but there are others. Mitchell has one. Memphis East has about 4. Cordova has about 3. Collierville has one. Millington has about 4-5. Trezevant has about 2. White Station use to have several but I haven't seen them in a while. There are some who I don't know who they support. However, your small schools have the least amount of representation, if any, on here from Memphis.

I forgot about you lol and everyone else I thought was with trez last yr. My bad

2 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

Who from this bracket has the best shot to reach the semis?

Union City, Peabody, or Adamsville are the 3 I really think have the best shot. TCA certainly can but I just don’t think they are as sure of bets as the other 3 I just mentioned. I think Adamsville has the toughest 1st round matchup of this whole quad of the bracket. Fairley seems to be the best of the Memphis schools that are in it. I like Peabody’s chances of making the semifinals the most. I’m assuming UC makes it to the quarterfinals so that will definitely make it hard on Peabody having to go beat UC at their place if that matchup was to occur. Although Peabody has done it before in the 2nd round back in 2015. That was the game that ended UC’s long winning streak. It’ll be very interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

50 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Union City, Peabody, or Adamsville are the 3 I really think have the best shot. TCA certainly can but I just don’t think they are as sure of bets as the other 3 I just mentioned. I think Adamsville has the toughest 1st round matchup of this whole quad of the bracket. Fairley seems to be the best of the Memphis schools that are in it. I like Peabody’s chances of making the semifinals the most. I’m assuming UC makes it to the quarterfinals so that will definitely make it hard on Peabody having to go beat UC at their place if that matchup was to occur. Although Peabody has done it before in the 2nd round back in 2015. That was the game that ended UC’s long winning streak. It’ll be very interesting to see how it all play out. 

I 2nd this. Considering I see it being A'ville and Peabody in rd 2, if they are able to beat the cards twice in a 3 week span they will be in the Semis. But rounds 2 and 3 will be definitely worth the money to see in this region!