Marion County vs Westmoreland

MarionMadness

I can not wait until this game on Friday night. We are going to be ready to go. Coach Mathis got to get our starters some much needed rest last Friday vs the PoCats. This is the real season where we shine. We have been waiting all season for the playoffs. These are the games when everyone will see what Coach Mathis is good at doing. I know that we have several new plays that he has been saving for the playoffs. Coach Harmon has some new defenses for us to work on too. I think our inside cornerbacks have got a lot better toward the end of the season. Our outside cornerbacks have always been good. Our linebackers have more experience now too. On offense we have everyone going good now. The emergence of Seth the last few games is making it easier for our wing backs to make yards. This Marion team does not look like the one earlier in the year. They are on a mission to get back to Cookeville again. It is always a great day to be a warrior. Westmoreland is not going to know what hit them.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

23 minutes ago, TigerFan76 said:

Lol, Well I guess if you’re going to dream, dream big! 

Marion 48

Westmoreland 7

Lol! That much confidence it almost makes you wonder what this person knows that we don’t. Marion should win at home, and it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they win a few games. Anything can happen in the second season when it’s win or go home. 

I would love to pull for our region team in this match up, but I’m also going to be real at the same time. After seeing Marion in person and on film, Out side of TC I’ve not seen a team with enough offensive consistency in region 4 to match the points Marion can put on the board IMO. And like some have said , anything can happen, I just don’t see it happening. Praying  for an injury free game and good luck to both teams. 

6 hours ago, 64NB95 said:

This game will be a blow out. 

Westmoreland 48

Marion County 3

I seen this and went to comment that I was doubtful that Marion County would beat Westmoreland 48 to 3 and then realized what it actually said lol

I said it in the other thread that I believe Marion County will likely win by 21-28 points. But they better not take this team lightly. Westmoreland is scrappy as they went 5-5 and lost 3 other games against Macon Co., Watertown and Jo Byrns by a combined 14 points. Trousdale Co. and Livingston Academy were the only teams to score more than 17 points on them all season.

I know Marion County is better than that 5-5 record suggests and teams should view them as a team to beat in the playoffs. However its hard for me to ignore that the only team they beat with a winning record was Loudon and their other 4 wins came against teams with a combined 10-30 record. And that they lost by 38 to 1A South Pittsburgh and 35 to 1A Coalfield. They also lost an overtime game to Sequatchie a team that I think matches up favorably with two of Westmoreland's opponents in Macon County and Livingston Academy. They lost to Macon County by 3 and LA by 28.