White House Football

Devil21

Thats a great story about Wicker! yeah he was tough. I have kind of watched and kept up with them from afar bc of location etc. I usually go to a couple of games a year. This year I haven't made any bc I had a crazy injury that happened that has kept me down for over 7 months now. I had a patellar tendon rupture during a charity flag football game and then had surgery. Got infection after surgery and I have been fighting it ever since. Anyhow, I am coming to this weeks game even though I am in a straight leg brace that stays locked out and on a walker. I love high school football and am proud to be a former Blue Devil. There is nothing like that brotherhood you get when playing. I still talk to several of my football friends almost every day. There are three of us that are going together on Friday. So if you see a young healthy looking guy with a walker, thats me and come and say hello. Always good to put faces with screen names. lol

If anyone can arrange a spot up top where we can park the truck and watch from chairs in the back, please arrange this for me. I can't go up and down hills very well at all so I know some people pull their vehicles inside the fence up top and watch from chairs or the backs of their trucks. Can anyone get this arranged for me?

If I remember correctly Matt Parker broke his foot his sophomore year the second play of the game. He played the rest of the game and went on to receive player of the game with a big interception late. The team was playing Notre Dame in the playoffs. He had surgery a week or so later to fix the foot he broke. There are a lot of great stories like this through White House Football history. 

Edited by Tennessee75

• 2 weeks later...