MCMINN CENTRAL!? ONLY FIELDING 11 NEXT YEAR

bradley99

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Those are competitive scores at the least. I saw earlier you all are scheduled to play after us in the jamboree I think against Sequoyah. Put it on them! Be good to see an improved Central team.

Hoping they put it on Sequoyah. I understand Polk did lol

Soddy was the only team we didn't compete with. They were tough! You only got 10 plays offense and 10 plays defense vs. each team. We drove on Bradley (10 plays 40 yd) and East Ridge (10 plays 90 yd). Struggled with Soddy and Catholic.

****I was very impressed with Soddy and Hardin Valley!****

1 hour ago, whytheattitude said:

Catholic played their freshman team against your first team. Don't get over excited.

Yes and that’s fine, it was our boys playing both ways in last game that were tired. If all those were your Freshman your future is very bright. I suspect there were some Freshman with some upper mixed in. If not I see more state championships in KC future. Trust me our boys were gassed at the end. 

2 hours ago, whytheattitude said:

Catholic played their freshman team against your first team. Don't get over excited.

Mays is only a Freshman? He's HUGE. In the red zone session at the end, yes, Catholic played Freshman. Both teams decided to play a JV/Freshman session before leaving. Up to that point, it was Varsity. Don't get upset that lil McMinn Central kept them out of the endzone. Catholic was still impressive. 

Edited by BloodCharger

On 5/31/2018 at 10:24 PM, MarsBlackmon said:

Sweetwater will be down this Fall.

Heard that Drew Hicks their running back had transferred somewhere. Anyone confirm this? I looked on their supposed updated 2018 roster, And it  showed him on the Sweetwater roster still. So I'm not sure.

Edited by Imthayeti

19 hours ago, whytheattitude said:

Catholic did play some freshman and walk-ons at times. The 1st session on the upper field were  the scholarship players for about 7 of the 10 plays. Think that drive ended with Central getting an interception.

We gained much from our session with Catholic.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Heard that Drew Hicks their running back had transferred somewhere. Anyone confirm this? I looked on their supposed updated 2018 roster, And it  showed him on the Sweetwater roster still. So I'm not sure.

Drew Hicks was on the field Saturday for the Irish. #6. Very good player.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SportsNut68 said:

When is the jamboree? Date and time please. 

7:30 P.M. Friday August 10th.

The jamboree will inlcude middle school competition at 6 p.m. and the high school portion of the jamboree at 7:30 p.m. There will be a middle school and the high school punt, pass, kick and 40-time competition between the middle school and high school sessions.

The middle school session will feature Central vs. Madisonville, Sweetwater vs. Polk and Central vs. Tellico Plains. The high school session will feature Sweetwater vs Polk, Meigs vs. Loudon, Central vs. Sequoyah and Central vs. Tellico Plains.

22 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Scrimmaged Tellico, pretty good out of the gate, but depth a little issue right now.  Some unfortunate bad bounces.  Overall correctable stuff.

I was at that scrimmage and felt like Tellico totally dominated.  Unless there's a whole lot of correcting Central will be lucky to win 2 games.

• Like 1