Lewis county host Scott's hill (round 1)

Blackdeath14

53 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I'm saying it'll be close for the first half. But think that Lewis will have it locked down by the 4th. But just be advised, the Hill is known for post season upsets! Best of luck to both teams

Aw come on...just one! I have no idea how the kids will respond...they will attend the funeral of one of their coaches tomorrow. I do know that they will want to win more than ever, but will be less prepared. Expect everything our kids have to give, but this isn't a movie...if they want this one they'll have to take it from LC on their field. Something like our program is going through right now puts sports in perspective, but provides an outlet...win or lose these"kids" have shouldered a man's burden this week, and I'm proud of the way that they have handled themselves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Aw come on...just one! I have no idea how the kids will respond...they will attend the funeral of one of their coaches tomorrow. I do know that they will want to win more than ever, but will be less prepared. Expect everything our kids have to give, but this isn't a movie...if they want this one they'll have to take it from LC on their field. Something like our program is going through right now puts sports in perspective, but provides an outlet...win or lose these"kids" have shouldered a man's burden this week, and I'm proud of the way that they have handled themselves.

sounds like they have already won the most important game then. Kids winning my respect is better than winning any ballgame. Prayers still with your group Trader. 

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If I wasn't for LC I would be rooting for yall all the way. So sorry for yalls loss. I couldn't Imagine losing a player or even a coach then having to go play a game the next week. I'm sure they will be playing their best game for him and I hope they do and never give up but with that said LC is going to be on their A game like always. LEWIS COUNTY BY 14. PRAYER'S ARE WITH YALL SCOTTS HILL.

I'm not predicting an upset here, but after playing Scott's Hill and knowing what they are dealing with this week, I would speculate there could be one brewing. After we (Waverly)played them, I had nothing but respect for that team! I don't think we looked past them, but we definitely wasn't expecting what they had for us and they came in and punched us in the mouth! Of course a true sign of greatness is being able to face adversity and still come out on top, and luckily we was able to do so, but to me that was the best game we had since Fairview. There was several  points during that game that I legitimately thought that if we don't get our stuff together we will lose because these boys came to play. I didn't even feel that way when we played Riverside! I came in expecting a running clock by half-time, but we never reached it, and every time I thought we was getting close to it and was about to run away with the game, they fought back and shortened the gap. I don't know if they just got up and played that hard because it was us, but I left that game wondering how in the heck they had only won 2 games if this is how they play. I said all that to say this, I think the Hill is wayyyyyyyyy better than their record and if Lewis Co don't come to play and play hard the whole game, they will lose. Even if the Hill don't win, I don't think they will lose by more than 2 Td's if that. Praying for those boys and all they are dealing with this week, and I'm also rooting for them to get the W. We don't like LC around these parts anyway and would rather to not have to deal with them,lol ;)