2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

16 minutes ago, UTRok said:

I was at this game as well the intentional foul was called because the defender went after Levy from behind and made no play on the ball. In my opinion most coaches in the upper Cumberland leave starters in the game longer than they should. In my opinion player development is not taken as serious as it should be again in my opinion. If you have a running clock after mid way of the 3rd quarter starters shouldn't be on the floor. Once a running clock starts it remains for the rest of the game. All it takes as one star player to get hurt late in the 3rd or 4th and then what happens?

ART. 3

An intentional foul is a personal or technical foul that may or may not be premeditated and is not based solely on the severity of the act. Intentional fouls include, but are not limited to:

a. Contact that neutralizes an opponent's obvious advantageous position.

b. Contact away from the ball with an opponent who is clearly not involved with a play.

c. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player specifically designed to stop the clock or keep it from starting.

d. Excessive contact with an opponent while the ball is live or until an airborne shooter returns to the floor.

Dishman has been taken out on lay ups from front, behind, above, below, and both sides, grabbed with both hands, and grabbed by multiple players, all with no play on the ball, and in three years of watching her play, I don't recall her ever receiving two and the ball.   And now that I think about it,  that one at upperman, may be the only one I've seen called this year. 

Most coaches let their players play, not just in the upper Cumberland. 

8 minutes ago, Indian said:

Scoring 2000 points, impressive

Scoring 2000th up 80-15 in the fourth quarter, with all the players and coach running on the neutral court for pictures with the game still going, not as impressive. 

And you're the one who thinks no starter should be in the game if you're up by more than 20.   She called time out, and the other coach and officials were made aware that it might happen.  If your kid scored 2000, you would be the first one on the court. No wait, you don't believe in individual awards. 

6 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Dishman has been taken out on lay ups from front, behind, above, below, and both sides, grabbed with both hands, and grabbed by multiple players, all with no play on the ball, and in three years of watching her play, I don't recall her ever receiving two and the ball.   And now that I think about it,  that one at upperman, may be the only one I've seen called this year. 

One of Upperman’s bench players was called for an intentional at their home game with Smith Co.  

9 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I can't speak about Dishman but will say in the 3 seasons mine played in the UC I saw several intentional fouls. Maybe you need to check in to you officials. The rule is what it is. I not been to near as many games this season since I no longer have one in high school playing ball but have seen 3 I can recall this season.

19 minutes ago, Dimonddad said:

Should have been a technical called on Cumberland last night can't have all players on court during 30 second timeout. Cumberland has zero class playing starters up as much as they where just to get a individual award LMAO 

Everybody complains about individual stats or awards, until it's your kid or your team.  There was no more than 2 starters at a time on the floor in the second half. And no starters at all after the first  minute of the 4th.  

Look what happened in the game last night was not classless it was letting a kid finish a personal goal. I know you may have never seen a kid reach a mile stone of 1000 points much less 2000 points. Yes there was a time-out called but the coach had told the reff prior to the basket what she was calling the time out for, And heaven forbid their was and a few seconds for her team mates and her coach to recognize her for the accomplishment. The starters came in for 2 plays in the fourth quarter that was it. If you dont want her to score her 2000 on you or your team dont turn the ball over. If you dont want to get beat by 60 work harder to get better. Its a game in the big picture it means nothing. All the kids involved are going to graduate some will go to collage and hopefully all of them will be successful in life in the end that is what we as fans and adults should be concerned with. 

28 minutes ago, Wilson5521 said:

Look what happened in the game last night was not classless it was letting a kid finish a personal goal. I know you may have never seen a kid reach a mile stone of 1000 points much less 2000 points. Yes there was a time-out called but the coach had told the reff prior to the basket what she was calling the time out for, And heaven forbid their was and a few seconds for her team mates and her coach to recognize her for the accomplishment. The starters came in for 2 plays in the fourth quarter that was it. If you dont want her to score her 2000 on you or your team dont turn the ball over. If you dont want to get beat by 60 work harder to get better. Its a game in the big picture it means nothing. All the kids involved are going to graduate some will go to collage and hopefully all of them will be successful in life in the end that is what we as fans and adults should be concerned with. 

Very well said. Thank you

1 hour ago, Dimonddad said:

Look we get it it's your kid congratulations very proud of her for 2000th point but she was going to play Saturday she could have got it then not up by 60 still playing in the fourth quarter zero class should have stayed up a classification if you wanted respect

I'm not related to any player on any team. I believe that good players shouldn't be punished for being good. When i played, the good players played, the great ones got trophies, and everybody else patted you on the back, said congratulations, and you learned a life lesson.  The better you are, the bigger the trophy. 

3 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

And you're the one who thinks no starter should be in the game if you're up by more than 20.   She called time out, and the other coach and officials were made aware that it might happen.  If your kid scored 2000, you would be the first one on the court. No wait, you don't believe in individual awards. 

No, I said don't be surprised when a player gets hit hard when a team feels they're being disrespected, and a coach with the lead should see that coming on and pull starters when it's a clear possibility.