2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

Who has CC played that is in the top ten of the AP polls? All I saw was Clarkrange and Sunbright. Did I miss anyone? Clarkrange is a really good team. Stone and White County are good but not top ten. Just trying to figure out how CC has played the toughest schedule.

The teams that they have played have a greater winning percentage of any other teams schedule.  Who do you think played a tougher schedule?

46 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

In case you didn't notice, Cumberland county played the toughest schedule in AA this year. And a victory by referee is not honorable. As far as starters running up stats, I was at upperman when they beat York. All 5 starters still in the game with 6 to go in 4th, up by 38.  Still shooting 3s. And they scored 20 in the last 6 minutes, with the clock running. Levy finished with 45.   Where is your criticism for them?  Not to mention one of the referees high fiving levy before the game. If you're going to call out somebody, then call out everybody. 

Upperman has 9 players.  One of the starters will always play.  As for the ref high fiving Levy,   aside  from people who are jealous she is well loved for much more than just basketball. She is a beautiful person inside and out.   She is a very unselfish and makes her entire team better.  It was also her senior night.  She had 10 rebounds and 5 assists to go with those 45 points. 

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

2 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Upperman has 9 players.  One of the starters will always play.  As for the ref high fiving Levy,   aside  from people who are jealous she is well loved for much more than just basketball.  She is a very unselfish and makes her entire team better. 

That's a violation of tssaa rules. Officials aren't to fraternize with players.  So, why didn't they play the 4 on the bench in the second half?  I want to know why some teams are criticized and some are not. Why were all 5 starters in the game in the 4th quarter? And why do you criticize other teams for that, but not your own?

19 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

That's a violation of tssaa rules. Officials aren't to fraternize with players.  So, why didn't they play the 4 on the bench in the second half?  I want to know why some teams are criticized and some are not. Why were all 5 starters in the game in the 4th quarter? And why do you criticize other teams for that, but not your own?

They did play the second half.  One of the bench players was the 3rd high scorer of that game.  A high five is not fraternization.  

3 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

They did play the second half.  One of the bench players was the 3rd high scorer of that game.  A high five is not fraternization.  

It sure looks that way from the bleachers, especially when 15 minutes later, while the game is still very close, that same official calls an intentional foul on the player guarding her, for your garden variety hack, that happens 500 times a night across the state.  That call takes a close game into a blowout. Doesn't look good on the official, player, or team.  And I suggest you invest in a dictionary. 

14 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I'm from the Nashville area so one of the teams I keep up with has played CR twice, Franklin, and BA. They also played Cheatham County who is #11 in AA. Now the team im talking about lost those games but it doesn't take away from the schedule that in my opinion is stronger.

Oh yeah, the old "anonymous team" trick. That way no one can check on your  statements. 

2 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Yes! That foul in the second quarter was what won the game for Upperman.  I would rather my player take a high five from an official than say she can “take” the other girls nominated for Miss Basketball! That speaks volumes about her attitude. 

That whole sentence made no sense